Chapter 7 🗣️

With a small sigh Percy entered her room, launched herself onto the bed, and began to recap the night and how it could have possibly turned so shitty.

She felt like she could have done so much more to help Jason and she honestly wasn't sure why she didn't.

Percy knew how to deal with PTSD attacks, after going through two wars they weren't all that uncommon at camp. She had seen the Apollo cabin campers help other demigods deal with them quite a few times and had even helped a younger camper through one on her own, yet all she had done was stand there and watch Bruce.

Deciding she should probably get some sleep Percy walked into the bathroom and took a quick shower then changed into her favourite pair of riptide pajamas. They were light blue pjs that had little tridents all over the pants and a light blue tank top.

When Dick had given them to her, Percy had practically squealed. She had been so excited that she was becoming popular enough around Gotham to have merch made after her. She had really hoped another vigilante becoming known to Gotham would dissuade some criminals by scaring them. It didn't but she could still hope.

Finally, Percy plopped down on her giant bed and pulled the covers over her.

After an hour of laying in the dark trying to fall asleep she decided she needed to talk to Jason.

She quietly crept out of bed and into the hall to discover all the lights had been turned off and everyone had gone to bed. Percy silently tiptoed down to Jason's room before realizing she didn't know what she was even going to say. So she decided to give humor a try as she knocked on his door.

"Elsa? Please, I know you're in there. I'm just wondering how you've been. Do you maybe want to take a walk or sit and talk or let me in? Are you ready for tomorrow? It's been a big day, is there anything I can do? Do you wanna build a snowman?" Percy sang quietly so she wouldn't wake the others, but hopefully loud enough for Jason to still hear it.

As Jason's door flung inwards, Percy decide humor might not have been the best choice after all.

"What do you want Percy?" Jason practically growled.

"Oh, sorry. I just wanted to see if we could talk?" She said awkwardly.

"About what?" Jason replied clearly still annoyed but he stepped aside anyways and let her in.

Percy walked into his room and sat in his bed then said, "About what happened today at the gala. Are you okay?"

Jason just shrugged and gruffly said, " I'm fine. If that's all you wanted to talk about can we do it later?"

Percy nodded and began to stand before stoping and saying, "Its okay if you aren't fine, but you should talk about it with someone. It's not good to hold this stuff in so please don't just shut everyone out."

Jason narrowed his eyes at her and chuckled without much humor, then said, "You're one to talk," he said and Percy was suddenly very confused and angry at the same time.

"Excuse me? What the hell is that supposed to mean" She said her voice growing slightly louder.

Jason gave her an incredulous look and angrily said, " You heard me Percy. Clearly you aren't all right with what happened to your mom and whatever the hell happened before that, but you haven't said one word about it. You just ignore it like it never happened. Then you come in here telling me that I need to talk about what happened, and how I shouldn't hold it all in even though that's EXACTLY what your doing! You've been living with us for almost nine months and I have only heard you talk about you mom's and stepdad's deaths like TWO TIMES! Never mind the fact that something else clearly  happened to you since we last saw each other and NO ONE has any idea how to help you since you won't TALK TO US AND TELL US WHAT HAPPENED! SO DON'T COME INTO MY ROOM AND TELL ME THAT I NEED TO TALK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO ME, WHEN YOU WONT TALK ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU!" When Jason finished he was practically yelling and Percy was fuming.

"WHAT I WENT THROUGH DOESN'T MATTER RIGHT NOW! AND THATS DIFFERENT ANYWAYS!" Percy shouted back at Jason.

Jason threw his hands up in exasperation and shouted, "NOT REALLY!"

Suddenly Jason seemed to realize that he was yelling and took a long breath before looking at Percy and continuing, "How do you possibly expect me to talk to you about my experience when you won't talk to me or anyone else about yours?!"

Percy swallowed hard and narrowed her eyes at Jason, " You know what? FINE!Don't talk to me about your problems I just wanted to help but clearly you don't need any help from me, and you can figure it all out on your own!"

Percy stormed towards the door and slammed it behind her. That was not how she wanted the talk with Jason to go at all. She began walking back towards her room and noticed that most of the lights had turned on in the other bedrooms but Percy was still to angry to care.

When she was back in her room she crawled into bed and immediately began to feel shitty. She really had meant to go talk to Jason and help him in any way she could, but she just got so angry. The worse part was that she knew Jason was right, Percy was being a hypocrite by expecting him to talk to her when she wouldn't  talk to him.

As her temper wore off she began to feel more and more guilty, so she slipped out of bed once more and padded down the hall to Jason's room. Gently, Percy knocked on the door and it swung open almost immediately.

"I'm sorry" Percy said and Jason stepped out of the way to let her in again. She stepped into his room and leaned against the wall, while keeping her eyes locked on the floor.

"I'm sorry for what I said before. I know it's hypocritical of me to expect you to open up to me when I won't open up to you guys either," Percy said and looked up at Jason who had his arms folded across his chest and was keeping his face carefully blank.

Finally he sighed and said, "I'm also sorry. I get that you came in here to try and help me. We're both very tired right now and it's been a long day, I think we should get some sleep before we start yelling at each other again and wake everyone up. We can resume this conversation at another time."

Percy just nodded before chuckling and saying, "It's to late to not wake anyone up. All their lights were turned on when I went back to my room earlier."

Jason just grinned at her, " Goodnight Percy."

"Goodnight Jason," Percy replied as she walked back into the hallway. As she did she could have sworn she saw two doors click closed.

"Busybodies," Percy said as she walked back to her room and finally settled into bed. This time Percy did fall asleep and she slept very well.

Sorry y'all, this was a really late chapter. I've been busy with school and unfortunately think the updates are gonna be spaced out quite a bit.

Hope you guys enjoyed this chapter!

it was fun to write because my sister helped by giving me the inspo for using the song from Frozen.