012. fear of flying

Dean is driving the Impala and Sam is on the phone.

"Really? Well, thank you for taking our survey. And if you do plan to fly, please don't forget your friends at United Britannia Airlines. Thanks." Sam hangs up. "All right. That takes care of Blaine Sanderson and Dennis Holloway. They're not flying anytime soon."

"So our only wildcard is the flight attendant, Amanda Walker." Dean says.

"Right. Her sister, Karen, said her flight leaves Indianapolis at 8 PM. It's her first night back on the job." Sam says.

"That sounds like just our luck." Dean says.

"Dean, this is a five hour drive, man, even with you behind the wheel." Sam says.

"Call Amanda's cell phone again. See if we can't head her off at the pass."

"I already left her three voice messages. She must have turned her cell phone off."

"She is getting on a plane. It's pretty much what you're supposed to do." Natalie comments making Dean roll his eyes.

"God, we're never gonna make it." Sam says.

"We'll make it." Dean presses on the gas.

+++

They rush into the airport and look at the departure board.

"Right there." Sam points. "They're boarding in thirty minutes."

"Okay. We still have some cards to play. We need to find a phone." Dean says, quickly spotting a courtesy phone.

"Hi. Gate thirteen." Dean tells the voice. "I'm trying to contact an Amanda Walker. She's a flight attendant on flight, um... flight 424."

"Amanda Walker, Amanda Walker, you have a phone call. White courtesy phone, gate thirteen." The voice over the PA states.

"This is Amanda Walker." The woman's voice fills Dean's ear.

The twins stand by as Dean tells Amanda that Karen is at the hospital before he starts acting like her ex's friend. He isn't able to convince her to get off the plane before she hangs up.

"Damn it! So close." Dean says, putting the phone up.

"All right, it's time for plan B. We're getting on that plane." Sam states.

"Whoa, whoa, now just hold on a second." Dean says.

"Dean, that plane is leaving with over a hundred passengers on board, and if we're right, that plane is gonna crash." Sam states.

"I know." Dean says.

"Okay. So we're getting on the plane, we need to find that demon and exorcise it. Natty and I will get the tickets, you get whatever you can out of the trunk. Whatever will make it through security. Meet us back here in five minutes." Sam tells him.

Dean simply stares at his younger siblings with anxiety filled eyes.

"Are you okay?" Natalie asks.

"No, not really." Dean answers.

"What? What's wrong?" Sam asks.

"Well, I kind of have this problem with, uh..." Dean makes hand motions.

"Flying?" The twins ask.

"It's never really been an issue until now." Dean says.

"You're joking, right?" Sam asks.

"Do I look like I'm joking? Why do you think I drive everywhere, Sam?" Dean asks. Natalie gets a small smirk of amusement on her face, but doesn't say anything.