Chapter Five

(A/N: Double length chapter! Thanks for reading!)

(Your Pov)

You left Loki on your bed, after having completely forgotten about the Avengers meeting this morning. He promised to not cause any trouble, whether that be magic or trying to do anything but rest. Nevertheless, you left a stack of books within his reach to keep him occupied. As well as an extra phone, just in case he needed to contact you.

With your guest taken care of, you teleport to the Avengers' meeting room. It was supposed to be a simple initiation into the team, just a formality, really. Just to have some form of proof that they all approved of you joining the team.

Though, being well over a half hour late might be enough to get you kicked off already.

"I'm so, so sorry." You start rambling, the moment you arrive. You expected the full team to be waiting, most likely both quite annoyed and suspicious of your late arrival. You had created the excuse that you overslept- which, technically would be a half-truth in this scenario.

Unfortunately, the room was empty.

Shit. Where'd they go?

"Stark, if this is a prank, it isn't funny." You grumble, double checking around the room just in case they were hiding in here somewhere. Some nasty 'jump out and scare the magician' prank.

When you still don't find the team, you glance around the nearby rooms, growing more and more concerned when they were still missing. Until a comforting voice reached out to your mind, doing exactly what you asked him not to do.

"Darling," Loki's voice said, broadcasting across his telepathic magic. This was becoming ridiculous. You left him a phone, for Nick's sake! Of course, in your rush out you failed to realise Loki had absolutely no idea how to function one... "The Avengers are here."

Oh.

This just keeps getting better.

You quickly teleport to your living room, stifling a groan as your apartment materialized around you. With the door to your bedroom wide open, shouts and accusations echoed around.

"I'm going to ask you one more time. What did you do to Y/N!" Tony's voice chimed out, the first full sentence you've heard.

"I haven't done anything." Loki snapped back.

"You are supposed to be on Asgard, brother."

Loki turned to Thor, "You mean trapped on Asgard."

"It doesn't matter where he's supposed to be." Clint intervened, tone harsher than you've ever heard him speak before. "What did you do with Y/N!"

Enough of this.

"Hey!" You shout, calling everyone's attention to your fuming form. With their backs no longer forming an impenetrable wall, you could see straight to Loki. Wearing yet another illusion.

When would he learn?

"Get out of my room. Now." The team hesitates, but your murderous glare causes them to reconsider. Slowly they file out, constantly glancing between you and Loki. Mostly Loki, who's illusion was starting to fade. Not enough for the mortal eye, but enough that a magical being like yourself could see his real expressions.

He knew he was in trouble.

"Settle yourselves on the couches or chairs. I'll be back for questions in a moment." You meet every pair of eyes, attempting to reassure them you had this under control. Before disappearing into your bedroom, locking the door and placing a soundproofing spell across it.