Oh, What a Day... What a Lava-ly Day

(Hey guys. I hope you all had a happy holiday season with your families. I am so sorry for the long wait on this chapter. I had gotten an early morning seasonal job for the holidays, and it's been pretty difficult adjusting to it. The holiday rush was also pretty demanding on the job too. But now my time there is over. I had a pretty bad cold recently, but that passed too.

I'm currently looking for a new job, and I don't know what lies ahead. But, I will try to the best of my ability to get these chapters out as soon as possible.

But... you've guys have waited long enough. I hope you enjoy the new chapter. And thank you all so much for reading.)

POLARIS GALAXY
RAKAR STAR CLUSTER

Dropped out of hyperspace, Aphelion and Vellex began their approach on the obstruction in their path: the Rakar Star Cluster

Dropped out of hyperspace, Aphelion and Vellex began their approach on the obstruction in their path: the Rakar Star Cluster. They needed to manually pass through the star cluster before making another jump to Rykan V.

Suddenly, the alert system sounded, indicating that hostile starships were moving in on their positions.

"Slag's back." Ratchet said over comms.

"Go through the Cluster, we'll loose him there." Jase told him, diverting power to Vellex's heat shields.

"Copy that. Clank, hop on that turret."

With that, Aphelion and Vellex blasted toward the stars in front of them, with Slag's flagship in hot pursuit. As if on cue, fighters were dispatched to attack them. Suddenly, the comms on the ships crackled with an incoming transmission.

"Avast, ye mangy bilge rats! This be Captain Slag, scourge of the galaxy and runner-up in the Susie Sweets Homemade Butterscotch competition! Return our artifact or face the gallows!"

Jase rolled eyes at the threat.

"Jase, they are scanning my cargo bay." Vellex asked. "You stole something from them didn't you?"

"We reclaimed our property, Vellex." Jase corrected his sentient ship. "There's a difference."

"You've got bolts stealin' from me, lads." Slag transmitted. "Now prepare to suffer the consequences!"

Suddenly, Pirate Fighter squadrons appeared both in front of and behind Aphelion and Vellex. They were attempting cut them off.

"Return our treasure, or face the gallows!" Rusty Pete transmitted. "If you no longer have our treasure, we will accept grog as a substitute."

With hast, the Lombaxes fired their weapon systems. Ratchet and Clank took care of the fighters behind them, while Jase took care of the fighters ahead of them, blasting them all into space dust. Now within close range of the stars, the trio got a good look at the surface of bright celestial spheres.