Chapter 18 - 𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐞𝐬

A - FEW - DAYS - LATER

Quinn
Alessandro and I agreed that we should talk to Emiliano separately. I'm going first. Oh god this is going to be bad..

Mancini Mansion

Quinn : -rings doorbell-Catherine : -opens door- Quinn

Catherine : -opens door- Quinn..
Quinn : Hi um, Emiliano?
Catherine : Follow me

Quinn
I followed Catherine and she led me to Emiliano's room. I'm shaking...

Catherine : -knock- Emiliano? Someone's here to see you.
Quinn : -walks in- Emiliano..

Quinn
I walked in and Emiliano was sitting on his bed holding a bottle of whiskey.
I've never seen Emiliano with a bottle of alcohol. He's not one to get drunk.
Damn I really fucked things up..

Emiliano : What the fuck do you
want?!
Quinn : I want to explain-
Emiliano : Explain what?! How my father seduced you?!
Quinn : .....
Emiliano : How long did you cheat on me?
Quinn : It doesn't matter..
Emiliano : Everything makes sense now. Now I understand why you didn't want to sleep with me anymore. You had already-......you disgust me!! You don't know how much I regret ever being with you!!! You don't know how much I regret loving you!! YOU FUCKED ME UP QUINN!!
Quinn : I'm sorry....I know sorry isn't enough but I really am. I tried to stop but- I don't know how things happened! It wasn't in my plan it just happened!!

Quinn
At this point we're both crying. He's crying because I hurt him. I'm crying because of what I've done. I care about Emiliano and I don't like seeing him like this. It's a side of him I didn't know existed. It's a side I brought out unintentionally...

Emiliano : The baby isn't mine is it?
Quinn : -shakes head-
Emiliano : And you were going to lie about it?!
Quinn : I didn't want to hurt you-
Emiliano : Well you should've thought about it before getting in my father's bed!! You should've told me!! You shouldn't have led me on to think you were actually mine!!!
Quinn : I'm sorry....I'm really sorry..
Emiliano : Get out Quinn. I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!

Quinn
I walked out of his room. Catherine was right outside listening to every word. We looked at each other but didn't say anything. Her eyes told me exactly what she thought of me. And I don't judge her...

I went outside and now it was Alessandro's turn but he should wait for Emiliano to calm down..

Quinn : I don't think you should go in. He's not okay..
Alessandro : It's best if I do it now. He'll heal from all of this. I know he will. He's my son, he's strong.
Quinn : Okay..

Quinn
While Alessandro went inside I got in the car and called Giselle to let her know I'm back.

-phone call-

Giselle : I'm proud of you!!
Quinn : Don't say that! I did the most cruel thing someone could do.
Giselle : You're right on that one but you had the courage to cancel the wedding. And you're back to confront things. I'm proud of that.
Quinn : I just talked to Emiliano and he's not okay. Alessandro just went in to talk to him too.
Giselle : You know, that night, he went to the club and got hella drunk..
Quinn : I don't think he's done anything else ever since then. I walked in and he was holding a bottle of Whiskey. It hurts to see him like that.
Giselle : It's going to take awhile for him to fully get over it but he'll be okay.
Quinn : Guess what?
Giselle : What?
Quinn : Alessandro and I got married.
Gisele : Awwwwww!!! Congratulations Mrs Mancini!! I'm glad you're happy.
Quinn : With everything going on not really but with Alessandro by my side I know everything will be okay.
Giselle : And you have me! You may do some fucked up things but I still got you.
Quinn : Gee thanks!
Giselle : -laugh- You better listen to my advice next time!
Quinn : Let's hope there is no next time.

Alessandro : -walks in- Emiliano?
Emiliano : I didn't expect a betrayal this big from you...
Alessandro : I don't know how it happened..
Emiliano : I don't want to know!
Alessandro : I'm not going to ask you to forgive me because I know it's not easy. I know how you feel. I've been there before.
Emiliano : If you know how it felt, why did you do it to me? Your own son..
Alessandro : I didn't know what to do with all these feelings. I fell in love with her just like you did. I didn't know how to hold back. Hell, I tried to but I couldn't no matter how hard I tried. As time went on I noticed she started to correspond. That's when I knew that things wouldn't end well. Emiliano, if I would've let her marry you, your marriage would've been miserable. A loveless marriage isn't pretty.
Emiliano : Now I should thank you?
Alessandro : No, just think about how would you feel if you were in my shoes. How would you feel if things would've been the other way around.
Emiliano : ...
Alessandro : I'll leave you alone now.

Alessandro
I walked out of his room and found Catherine standing right next to the door. I know she was listening.

Catherine : A wedding ring? I see the divorce came right on time.
Alessandro : ...
Catherine : I don't care what you do with your life Alessandro. I just can't forgive you or Quinn what you did to Emiliano.
Alessandro : I'll respect that. He's also my son this hurts me too. I already talked to him. I don't expect him to forgive me but I want him to calm down and take a close look on why and how things happened. Now excuse me. -walks away-

-phone call-

Quinn : Hi mom..
Marissa : Oh Quinn what did you do?
Quinn : The same thing you did twenty five years ago.
Marissa : Quinn!
Quinn : Sorry?
Marissa : That wasn't a good example!
Quinn : Mom I fell in love with him like you did with dad. You should understand you've been there before.
Marissa : Yes but Emiliano..
Quinn : I just talked to him. He's not okay..
Marissa : At least you had the courage to cancel the wedding. Too late but you still did.
Quinn : What has dad said?
Marissa : He's.....shocked of who you fell in love with. And so am I. My ex? Seriously?
Quinn : It's not my fault.
Marissa : What are your plans now?
Quinn : Mom, we got married and I'm expecting a child. Congratulations you'll be grandparents!!
Marissa : WHAT?!
Fabio : What happened?
Marissa : Quinn's pregnant!!
Fabio : Who's is it?
Quinn : My husband's who else?
Fabio : Husband?
Marissa : I'll explain in a bit honey.
Quinn : Oh Alessandro's back. I'll call you later mom.
Marissa : Take care! -ends call-

Quinn
I turned and saw Alessandro coming back. He got in the car and the call with my mom ended.

Quinn : How'd it go?
Alessandro : Surprisingly he was calm.
Quinn : Really?
Alessandro : Yes, he didn't say too much. He didn't yell.
Quinn : Are we talking about the same Emiliano? Because he yelled at me and kicked me out!
Alessandro : Well, he's my son. I know how to talk to him.
Quinn : I guess
Alessandro : What now wifey?
Quinn : -kiss- I love it when you call me wifey!
Alessandro : You'll hear it all day everyday for the rest of my days.
Quinn : Hmmm baby is hungry.
Alessandro : What do you want to eat?
Quinn : I'm craving some crepes.
Alessandro : Let's get you some crepes then.

Quinn
After that, things went back to normal.
Kind of..

To be continued....