Chapter 12: Valentines

Raven POV

After I got back to Hogwarts, Harry and Ron lead me to the hospital wing to let me know what happened to Hermione and what they learned. Harry pulled the curtains so I could see Hermione. My eyes widened in shock as I saw her. She was a human looking cat. "Meow." I playfully said while clawing at her. Ron and Harry snickered.

"Oh shut up, Raven, it's not funny! I look hideous!" Hermione said back embarrassed as we took seats next to her bed.

"Yeah you do." I agreed with her. She gave me a shocked look of betrayal. "Don't give me that look for agreeing with you." I told her crossing my arms. "Whose cat did you swallow?"

"Millicent Bulstrode's." Hermione said. "I thought it was her hair, and then this happened." I gave an understanding nod.

"Anyways, what did you find out?" I asked.

"Well to start off, Malfoy isn't the one who did it." Harry began. "He doesn't know who it is either. His father told him that the chamber was opened 50 years ago, a muggle-born died, and the one responsible was expelled." Harry finished explaining.

"Well, that's not much to go on, but it's still something." I said with my hand on my chin. "Not much to do except hope something comes up." They all nodded in agreement.

"What's that?" Harry asked, pointing to something gold sticking out from under Hermione's pillow.

"Just a get well card." Hermione said hastily trying to hide it but I quickly snatched it.

I opened it and read it aloud. "To Miss Granger, wishing you a speedy recovery, from your concerned teacher, Professor Gilder-Ugh, excuse me while I got vomit." I said tossing it back to her. "You need help Hermione." She threw her pillow at me but I caught it. "Thanks." I said as I set in on Harry's lap and rested my head on it. Harry decided to push me off instead and I fell to the floor. "Wow, real rude Harry." I said looking up at him. He just shrugged.

"I haven't disposed of the potion yet, so I'll leave that to you." Hermione whispered.

"No problem." I said getting up. Madam Pomfrey then made us leave the hospital. We wished Hermione a well recovery and left.

When we made our way to the corridor to Myrtle's bathroom, we noticed that it was flooded. "Look's like Myrtle's flooded the bathroom again." Harry said.

"Let's go and see why." I said and we made our way inside. Myrtle was crying, if possible, louder and harder than usual. She seemed to be hiding down her usual toilet. It was dark in the bathroom because the candles had been extinguished in the great rush of water that had left both the walls and floor soaking wet. "What's wrong Myrtle?" I asked.

"What?" Myrtle questioned miserable. "Come to throw something else at me?"

"Why would we throw something at you?" Harry asked.

"Don't ask me." Myrtle said. "Here I was, minding my own business, and someone thinks it's funny to throw a book at me."

"But it can't hurt you if someone throws something at you." Ron said reasonably. "It'll just go right through you."

Myrtle flew straight in front of Ron's face. "Sure, let's all throw books at Myrtle, because she can't feel it.!" She shouted. "Ten points if you can get it through her stomach!" She shouted punching through Ron's stomach. "Fifty points if it goes through her head!" She punched through Ron's head.

"Who threw it at you anyway?" Harry asked.

"I don't know...I was just sitting in the U-bend, thinking about death, and it fell right through the top of my head." Myrtle said glaring at us. "It's over there, it got washed out."