Chapter 2

Natalia's home⬆️

The smell of fry bake and nature's natural light peeking through the curtains woke me up around 6:15 in the morning.  Turning on my back, I rubbed the remainder of sleep from my eyes while  stretching my limbs out from being in one position for a long period of time. I can hear my mother listening to the radio downstairs on her favorite radio station

Throwing the blankets off of my still tired body and slipping on my house slippers I head to my bathroom to do my morning routine. I brushed my teeth, combed my hair in a puff and tied it down to keep it in tack while I showed. Going into the bathroom turning it to cold water I took my wash rag and bar of soap and begin to wash all over my body.

Stepping out of the shower 30 minutes later I stepped into my room going into my closet to find something to wear for my first day of college.

Pulling out a random brown jersey which had Tupac on it, some shorts to go with and some shoes.

I rubbed my body down with some shea butter and some almond oil. I put on my black matching bra and underwear spray my self with body spray and put on my outfit for today

Going back to my bathroom mirror I put on light makeup which consists of drawing my eyebrows putting on mascara and lip-gloss on my lips

Grabbing my bag and phone I started to head downstairs unwrapping my hair while going down.

Reaching the bottom steps is where I saw my brother and his best friend Amar, sitting on the couch playing video games waiting for me to get ready so that we can head to school.

Now Amar is really handsome, ever since he became bestfriends with my brother when we had recently came to New York and he was our neighbor I had find him to be quit cute but I kept that little secret to myself ever since the last incident.

He and my brother are like "magnets" everywhere I go with my brother, when my mom forces me to go because she says I have no friends, girls will have longing looks or lustful looks in their eyes. Most times they would give me disgusting looks or murderous looks just because they see me with them sometimes I overhear comments like "what's a girl like her doing with them "
Or "she is so fat and ugly to be in their presents"
And although I try not to take the hateful comments on it still hurts a lot.

With my mom noticing me from the kitchen she stopped what she was doing and smiled at me wishing me good morning with me saying good morning back, my brother and Aram turned around from hearing my voice. Malik quickly says good morning back immediately turning back around to his game, but Aram didn't with his green eyes fixed on me for a moment I swore his eyes went a darker green with lust for a moment, but it went away like a flash of lightning.

Breaking away from our staring contest I walked into the kitchen on my mission to get the breakfast my mother cooked which is golden fry bake with zaboca (avocado) with some olive oil and saltfish, a known dish that is from my birth country.

Getting a plate and putting three fry bake onto it I looked up from what I was doing asking my mother where my father was. She replied with saying " he still sleeping I doh know what wrong with he nah , have me in de kitchen like I am some slave while he ass sleep" with her heavy Trinidadian accent coming out.

After all these years daddy and her have never loosed there accents and most times, actually all the time my brother and I have to translate to  people what they are saying.

I replied back saying "mama you know how daddy is, he loves his sleep just like me." "Humm I hear yah chill, now hurry ur ass up and eat so u can get to school, yah brother and Aram done eat." She said. "OK ma'am" I replied back.

After eating and washing my plate I kissed mama goodbye and went out to the kitchen to let Malik and Aram know I'm ready to leave. Heading out the door to Aram's car I hopped in the backseat behind my brother in the passenger seat.

And you may be wondering why are we going with Aram well,  my brother car went to the mechanic shop to fix I don't know what for and well I don't have a car yet soo Aram car it was.

After 30 minutes of driving and my brother and Aram talking non stop about a stupid video game we arrived at NYC. I was so nervous I hope today go by with me going unnoticed

I hope.

Thanks for reading don't forget to vote and comment

Luv NNG♥️🇹🇹