Chapter 5: The Backstabber

I walked out of the garden searching every corner for Aaron. But there was no sight of him...anywhere. I walked to where the table was set. Aaron wasn't there either. I decided just to go help Massie find her contacts. I sat on Massie's bed and watched her crawl around and bump her head on desks and cabinets. "I thought you were gunna help me!" She said turning her head the opposite way of where i was sitting. She squinted and didn't see me of course. She stood up and yelled my name. "ALEX!"

"I'm right here!" I said waving my hand.

"Oh my gosh, you scared me." She said as she made her way over to sit on the bed. She grabbed her glasses and put them on. "Woah, ok, i gotta go put my makeup away. it might take about 10 minutes ok?"

"Ok."

She left the room and walked down the hall to her washroom, closed the door, and opened the door that lead into her makeup closet. I heard a tiny click which meant she locked the door. She didn't come back for the next 30 minutes so i decided to just go home. "Patrick, tell Massie I left ok?"

"Ok."

"Bye"

"Bye!"

I got into my car and drove out of her house. I was driving really fast past these house to get home. I couldn't wait for Monday to come! 

Monday:

I walked down the halls and looked around. Massie wasn't in sight. Suddenly, Aaron came around the corner talking and laughing with the guys on the football team. I walked up to him and grabbed his arm pulling him away. He quickly grabbed me instead and pushed me against a wall. "Sorry for leaving you before. I want to finish what we started, but I can't right now. Everyone probably already thinks i'm cheating on Massie." He whispered to me. I smiled and looked into his inocent blue eyes. I smiled.

"Can we talk after school?" I asked him. He started to smile. 

"Ok, meet me behind the school."

"Got it." I smiled and walked away. Just before I was about to turn the corner I looked back at the same time he did. We both smiled then went our seperate ways.

As I walked around the corner, I bumped into Massie. She had obviously found her contacts since she wasn't wearing her glasses. "So, I am so excited."

"Why?" I asked.

"My mom said we are going to New York to go shopping for 5 days. She asked if you wanted to come with us." She said while we got to our lockers.

"Maybe, i'll need to ask my mom."

What I really wanted to say was, 5 whole days? with you?!

"Yays!" Massie said. Massie started to say alot of other things but once again, like every day, i tuned her out.  

Soon, it was already the end of the day. As I walked to my locker with Massie, Aaron walked past us. I looked up and he was looking at me. He smiled. I couldn't help myself from aslo breaking out into a smile. I looked up at Massie who was looking at me. Her jaw dropped and her eyes and fire in them. "What the hell was that?" She asked in a loud voice.

"What was what?"

"You and Aaron? He didn't even look at me! He just smiled at you then kept walking!"

"Me and him are good friends."

"Just, don't talk or look at him ever again...Ok?"

"I can talk to whoever I want Massie."

"No you-"

"Yes I can!" I said cutting her off, "I'm sick and tired of you bossing me around 24/7! It's not fun."

She looked at me then said, "Fine, just, don't get to close to him ok? Cause he's mine." She said as she walked off super fast. I jumped as the bell rang but quickly grabbed my bag and ran outside to meet up with Aaron. I ran behind his car. He was already there. "Hey," He said while he smiled. "I saw you and Massie get into a fight, what was that all about."

"Want the truth?"

"Obviously."

"Ok, it was about you."

"Me?" He said as his smile faded away.

"Yes."

"Oh, I'm flattered," He said as he put a smile back on his face. 

"Oh shutup." I said as I crouched down beside him.  He rapped his arms around me and i felt his breath on my lips. Then I started to feel his lips onto mine. He ran my fingers through his hair. Suddenly, a football came out of no where and almost hit me. I thought it was Massie and quickly jumped into the bushes. "Yo Aaron!" Said one of the jocks.

Aaron got up and threw the football perfectly. Then he came over to where I was and said, "I hate how we are always getting intrupted." We both laughed as he lifted me up off of the ground. "Come on, I'll drive you home." I looked at his car. Massie was already sitting in the front seat and waiting for him. I quickly jumped back down inside the bushes and said, "Go, come pick me up after you drop her off."

"What if she wants me to go inside her house with her?"

"I'll start walking home and if you do go inside, I can just walk home alone. Don't worry, I'm a big girl now." I smiled as he softly kissed me on the cheek. I watched as they drove away and made sure they were out of sight before I got up and started to walk home.