VIII. NOT-SO-HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Skyler was woken up by his alarm going off the next morning. He groaned and turned over, reaching for the alarm to turn it off. He checked the time and noticed that it was 7:00. He groaned and face-planted on his pillow. He seriously didn't wanna get out of bed, not after what happened last night. He wished that he could just skip school for the day, but then again, his parents would kill him.

Skyler eventually forced himself to get out of bed and get ready. He took a quick shower and puts some clothes on. He grabbed his backpack and went downstairs. For breakfast, he made Korean egg rice. After he finished his breakfast, he grabbed his keys and said goodbye to Ben before leaving.

Skyler took the bus to go to Flynn's to pick up the girls. He waited outside for a few minutes and was surprised when he only saw Flynn come out of the house.

"Uh, where's Julie?" Skyler asked her.

"Still asleep," Flynn simply replied. "She said that she was never going to show her face at school again, so I'm giving her what she asked for," she explains.

"But she was—"

"I know," Flynn said before Skyler could finish. "But the poor girl needs her rest."

"Julie's gonna kill you for that," Skyler told her. "But then again, she does needs her beauty sleep," he added. "I'm not gonna be her personal alarm clock again."

"Just like back in middle school," Flynn said with a smile.

On their way to school, Flynn requested if she could get some coffee from a cafe near her neighborhood. She ordered a latte while Skyler ordered an americano. [A/N: As a STAY, please tell me I'm not the only one who said Hyunjin's quote here.] After they got their coffee, they arrived at school and both of them parted ways.

When Skyler was about to head to his class, the three ghosts in front of him, causing him to yelp and accidentally burn his tongue with the hot americano. He lets out muffled curses as the phantoms winced at this.

"You okay?" Reggie asked cautiously.

"Whatever-the-hell?" Skyler whisper-screamed at the boys. Luckily, there was no one around who could hear him.

"Nice to see you, too," Luke responded casually, as if nothing even happened. "Can we talk?" He asked timidly. Skyler just rolled his eyes and walked past them, still angry to even acknowledge them at all. The phantoms were disappointed, but not surprised by the reaction they got.

They appeared in front of Skyler again, making him stop on his tracks. "What the hell do you guys want?" Skyler questioned and looked around to see if there were any people around.

"Skyler, we know you're upset and you have every right to be. But can we just talk?" Luke pleads. "Please?"

Skyler huffed and rolled his eyes. "Fine, but let's talk somewhere else," he says before he goes inside a bathroom nearby, followed shortly by the phantoms. He checked each stall to make sure that they were alone. All of them were empty.

"Alright, we're clear. Now be quick about it," Skyler says sharply as he crossed his arms. He really didn't want to have this conversation right now as he was still upset about last night, especially since he has History class with Mr. Sinclair, and he isn't the nicest person when it comes to tardiness.