|| Wheeler home. Saturday, October 2nd 1986. 4:13pm ||

Mikes pov.
Mike was sitting in his basement waiting for Will to arrive, they were going to have a sleepover, their first ever (and for Will, his first in his life).

Mike had some stuff planned, they would play some DnD which they'd realized they had a mutual interest
for, watch a movie, then they'd say they were going to bed but actually stay up talking well into the night, you know, normal sleepover stuff.

He sprung up as he heard the doorbell ring.

"Will!" He grinned at the boy who'd just walked into the house, "hi" Will smiled, he shut the door and they were about to go to the basement when someone knocked the door, "who could that-?" Mike said swinging the door open, "oh, hi Steve" he said slightly annoyed. "Nancy here? Oh hey Byers" he nodded at Will who smiled back, "NANCY! STEVES HERE!" A minute later Nancy came running down the stairs, "hi Steve!" She said before walking out the door and shutting it without even saying bye.

"Guess we're home alone now. Moms not gonna be happy" Mike said while shaking his head, "does she not let you be home alone?" Will asked "she does, it's just that Holly's getting dropped off from her play date in a few hours and she doesn't think I pay enough attention to her" he rolled his eyes.

They went down to the basement and went to look at the game shelf, "we could play D&D?" Will suggested, "Sure! We might not finish tonight but maybe we could finish tomorrow" Mike said while pulling it down from the shelf.

They played for hours but decided to stop when Holly got home. Instead they sat in the living room talking while Holly drew at the dining room table.

Will finished a story about his old county fair and the cheese wheel eating contest as Holly came over to them, "what's up hol?" Mike asked, "someone knocked" she pointed to the front door. They stood up and went to see who it was. It turned out to be Nancy who looked extremely annoyed, "what's wrong?" Mike asked "nothing" she snapped, "okay then" Mike shook his head as Nancy stormed off into the kitchen.

"Well we can go watch out movie now!" Mike exclaimed turning to Will, "yes! Let's go" he said turning and running down the basement steps.

They'd decided on a horror movie, which Mike loved but Will was a little nervous about, he'd agreed though feeling he'd be fine knowing Mike was there.

They sat next to each other under a blanket, Will was sitting with his knees up to his chest and Mike with his legs criss crossed.

A jumpscare happened and both gasped and grabbed each other's arm. They looked at each other and started laughing, Mike rested his forehead on Wills shoulder as he tried to regain his composure.

When the climax came they jumped together, gripping at each other while they laughed and flinched and the jump scares.

When things calmed they looked at each other, they were so close, Will could've counted all the freckles one Mike's nose. Their eyes met and they both went silent.

Then Mike cleared his throat and awkwardly let go of Will who looked a bit embarrassed.

Eventually Mike dozed off, he slumped sideways leaning on Will, who soon after fell asleep as well.

                             ——————————-

ONLY ONE MORE PART TODAY CAUSE I HAVE TO WRITE MORE SORRY </33

Y'all thought u were getting a kiss this chapter 🤭🤭