Chapter III - Tickets

It had almost been a week since I started taking on jobs in secret from the guild and Zach had not suspected anything from me or from Asher. The days were still the same and I was surprisingly able to keep up with the housework and normal chores. Zach even complimented me on how well the house was being kept.

I was finishing one of the guild assignments when I suddenly saw Zach approaching me. I frantically tried to hide behind Mrs. Fisher's bakery cart. She was old in age and didn't see very well, but on this day, she managed to catch me and decided to pull her attention to me.

"Oh, hello Nicole. How are you today?"

I waved my hands in a reckless manner, desperately trying to get her away from me, but it was no use. As she continues to talk to me the closer Zach came to us. It wasn't long before I heard the dark, heavy, soothing voice of Zach.

"Mrs. Fisher...." Was all he said.

"Good afternoon, Zach. What a beautiful day were having."

I saw Zach and he made no attempt to follow her question with an answer. As usual he looked the same as ever. His eyes showed no emotion and he posture was casual with no care for the world around him. He placed his hands in his pockets and looked around, as he did I bended down to my knees and hid myself behind the cart.

He examined the cart from side to side and from top to bottom. I thought he was looking for me when I met his eyes several times while he examined the cart.

"Do you have any caramel puddings available today? I know I asked a few days back...but I never got an answer."

Mrs. Fisher fixed her eyeglasses with her shaky hand and smile kindly at Zach. "Yes, I do. In fact, I was saving it just for you. I know how much Nicole loves my pudding and I thought it would be nice if I gave her a week's worth.  Actually, she's right here next to me."

"What?"

At that moment I dove into a nearby bush and hid myself behind flowers that I managed to spurt from the ground with my power. Both and Zach and Mrs. Fisher looked all around thinking they might see me, but luckily, they didn't and all I could see was how annoyed Zach became with the old lady as she pulled him all around, making him help her look for me.

"I don't think Nicole is here." Zach said.

"Oh, don't be silly. I know I saw her just a second ago."

At a moment in which I was able to seize my moment, I snuck out of the bush and made my way to Asher, who was waiting for me at the guild. As I entered in I saw Natalia and Asher having one of their usual conversations about the festival.

"Natalia."

"Mm...?"

"Did you get your ticket for the festival yet?"

Her reply was to drop everything she was holding and turn bright red, and then she shook her head and looked away, "No I haven't."

"What, are you sure?" I would've thought you got one by now."

Asher's eyes were accusing, like it was her chance to confess. However, I didn't think she would; she could only give him a sheepish smile and rub the back of her neck. "No... I'll get it later."