XXII.

Good god when will this arc end 💀

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄
Rite of Memories

XXII. — XVII.

 ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄

You walked side by side with Lumine, casually chatting about things when you spotted another flight of stairs infront of you.

"If I ask you to carry me, will you?" You asked as you stared at the stairs, unmoving. Lumine looked at you and lifted both her hands signalling you. You looked at her.

"What." You looked at her with a judging expression. She just gave you a questionable grin. Paimon was looking at the two of you with a disgusted expression. Lumine signalled you once more.

You smiled warmly at her before putting your hand on her.

Then slapped it.

.
.
.
.
.

"Huh, why is the reception..deserted? It's kinda spooky.." Paimon complained as she warily flew inside the Pharmacy, looking around if the receptionist is somewhere nearby.

"Hello? Anybody there?" The pixie called out as she floated on every corner only to spot no one making her scratch her head and fly back to your group with a confused expression.

Just as you were about to turn around, you heard a mysterious voice. "Welcome to Bubu Pharmacy." You immediately looked at the reception.

"What was that? Where did it come from?" Paimon asked, a little bit spooked out as she couldn't see any person behind the counter. Zhongli looked at the reception.

"It seems that it came from the reception."

The pixie gulped and went behind Lumine, pushing her forward.

"Y-You go first! Paimon will bring up the rear.. hehe..." Paimon excused while laughing awkwardly. Lumine narrowed her eyes at her as if she just cannot believe what her bestfriend just told her to do.

Lumine shakes her head disapprovingly before walking towards the reception. She peeked over only to stop as she spots a blue hat. She backs away in surprise so you decided to peek, there reveals a child with a talisman on her forehead.

"What is that?" You asked. Lumine didn't remove her eyes from the child as she was focused more on the talisman of the receptionist.

"A zombie?" She answered. She blinked before looking at Paimon. "She's a zombie I think." Paimon looked over Lumine's shoulder before flying out of her hiding spot.

"Oh yeah! Look at the talisman in her forehead!" Paimon called out while pointing at the talisman on her forehead. You nodded and leaned closer to the receptionist, expecting her out of curiosity. You didn't know zombies exist, especially having a very human-like appearance.

"Welcome to Bubu Pharmacy." The receptionist repeated. You backed away and set your place next to Lumine once more.

"Once upon a time, Qiqi died." You choked and looked at her wide-eyed. "Then, Qiqi was saved by the adepti. Now, Qiqi is a zombie." She continued with a nonchalant tone as if delivering a casual conversation.

"That's...a very interesting way of delivering a bombshell revelation.." Coughed out Lumine as she looked at the child pitifully thinking how she died at especially young age.