Chapter I: The Dream

Dim, with only moonlight illuminating his room, it is another weird sleep for Mashiho as he explores his dreamland. There he is again, dreaming about his journey in South Korea, particularly in Seoul. Wait, has he been there? Nope! Not yet. He had never been there but why was he having such dreams? And not only dreams of enjoying his trip there but why with a tall man (whom he thinks is a Korean guy) he hasn't seen or met like ever. He can only see his silhouette, the shadow of his great physique and model-like fashion. He is like a vague sculpture that engraves an enormous part in his existence. "Who are you, young man?"

He can feel his heart's erratic beating, thumping hard as he feels the guy's hand slowly encircling his with a slight squeeze of affection

He can feel his heart's erratic beating, thumping hard as he feels the guy's hand slowly encircling his with a slight squeeze of affection. "It's warm," he thought, smiling shyly. He has never experienced such things, not even having someone so dear to him to be this close and intimate. He has never had a boyfriend ever since, thus these feelings are so new to him. But, unexpectedly for him, it is so satisfying.

Mashiho examines himself, he's wearing a traditional hanbok, his "date" too, and they are heading to the preserved 600-year-old urban environment located on the top of a hill between Gyeongbok Palace, Changdeok Palace and Jongmyo Royal Shrine, Buk...

Mashiho examines himself, he's wearing a traditional hanbok, his "date" too, and they are heading to the preserved 600-year-old urban environment located on the top of a hill between Gyeongbok Palace, Changdeok Palace and Jongmyo Royal Shrine, Bukchon Hanok Traditional Village while holding hands. Walking hand-in-hand like ancient lovers in the Joseon Dynasty, they explore the solemnity of the place, experiencing all possible activities that Joseon people had done in those times. He's enjoying the tour, he feels like a tourist who visits the village for some fun but finds himself being immersed in the Korean culture that is way different from how he was nurtured by the Japanese culture and traditions. "So this is who Koreans are," He thought.

Occasionally, the guy lightly caresses the back of his hand, giving his goosebumps and shivers. There is this unusual excitement, slightly romantic, he must admit. This mysterious guy has been giving him these feelings. For a short period of time, he is developing this feeling of longingness and affection, it feels so right yet so wrong.

"I haven't seen his face but why do I feel like I've known him for so long?" he asked himself. "Gosh, I'm going crazy."

The scene shifted to some kind of a museum? or an exhibit shop? "Gahoe Folk Drawing Shop", he read before entering the door. There are lots of paintings, preservation of Korean folk arts. Looking at the unfamiliar paintings, he is getting confused on how he feels like he has internalized the meaning of each one? Ignoring the confusion, they walked towards another set of paintings and stopped in front of a portrait that shocked the hell out of him.

"Why am I here?" his doll eyes widen as he stares and examines the portrait in front of him. " And who am I with?" he asked as he turned his gaze to the man he was with. He finally is getting to see the guy's face but right before that miraculous moment, his alarm blew loud. "Darn it! I should have seen his face." he whimpers as he tosses himself back and forth in bed.

Though disappointed and can't go back to sleep to peek at that man's face, he got off his bed and prepared himself for their trip to Osaka today. His friends must be waiting for him.

TEXT MESSAGES (GDM: 格好いい (Kakkoii))

Nori: シホ、どこにいるの? (Shiho, where are you?)
Sahi: 彼は遅く起きたに違いない。 私たちは彼がどれだけ睡眠が好きなのか知っています、ノリ。(He must have woken up late. We know how much he loves to sleep, Nori.)
Ruto: しほ、お兄ちゃん、ゆっくりしてね。(Shiho, brother, take your time. )
Shiho: ごめんなさい。 寝坊しました。(Sorry、 sorry. I overslept)
Sahi: また「夢の男」ですよね?(It's your "dream guy" again、 right?)
Shiho: ええ (Yeah)
Ruto: あら、まだ彼の夢を見ているの?(Oh, oh. you're still having dreams about him? )
Shiho: 後で詳しくお話します。 降ります。(I'll tell you more later. I'm getting off.)

Melbourne Coffee, Craft & Cider, Osaka
After a long car ride from Mie to Osaka, Mashiho walks inside the infamous cafe, Melbourne Coffee, Craft & Cider. He turns his head around to spot his friend and finds them on the far east alley near the window, chatting happily with their fave beverages. He went to the counter to order his favorite latte macchiato and blueberry muffin. Carrying the tray of his order, he walks towards his friends' table. Exchanging greetings, Mashiho gladly sits and chats with them.

(Convo in Japanese...)

"Yes but last night was way different from other nights. I saw a portrait of mine and a guy beside me," he shared. "You know what's frustrating? I should have seen his face, right there. But, argh! My alarm just blew off!!!!"

Asahi, Yoshi and Haruto just can't help but to burst out laughing as Mashiho's animated narration on how he got so disappointed with the almost meeting of their friend and his mysterious dream guy. Mashiho sulks and they find it even cuter.

"How long have you been dreaming about him again?" Nori asked, still wiping off his tears from laughing hard.

"Since my 21st birthday? Yeah. That night after we celebrated my birthday," Mashi answers and sips his latte.

"Are you really sure you haven't gone to Seoul or anywhere in Korea before? Because as you have mentioned, you can see scenes where you are having your time there with someone. Were you in an accident before to have amnesia or whatever?" Asahi, being an overly critical thinker, earns him stares from them with suspicious eyes. "Or... it is some kind of reincarnation, like those moments really happened in your past life? What do you think?" Sahi continues.

"Sahi-niichan, your logic is just so superb," Ruto gave Sahi a thumbs up, a sign of agreement to the elder's statement. "But that's somewhat overrated? Are we in a fantasy or science fiction?"

"As much as I can remember, I really haven't gone there ever. You know, super long drives and airplanes make me nauseous," Mashi enunciates. "And I do not have amnesia and I don't even believe in reincarnation and past lives."

However, curiosity has been hitting on him ever since he started having those flashes. He already started researching places in Seoul that were in his dreams. He also tried to look for that tall Korean guy with broad shoulders, soft hands with long yet cute fingers and dresses like a runway model but after months he still cannot find him. Maybe that guy does not exist at all and is just a figment of his imaginative and loveless soul.

"Maybe you are just imagining things. You know, you should find someone to love. Like a real person, not a guy from your dreams. Get a lovelife, I mean," Nori advised with a sly smile. "You know I know some guys who you can have a date with. What do you think?"

"And who are they, niichan?" Ruto asked innocently, ready to concede with the elder's plan.

"Well, there's Mahiro, Keita and Kotaro. Just choose and I'll set you up, Shiho."

Mashiho laughs at Yoshinori's suggestions. He has no time to date. Nope, he can't date as long as he cannot find that guy he has been yearning to meet.

"Perhaps, you like Korean guys. I also know some," Nori continues, still teasing Mashi.

"I'll pass for now," still laughing at Nori. "I'll find him, no matter what," at the back of his mind, he promised.

After their bond and talks, they bid farewell to each other. It is kind of dark and Mashiho has to go back to Mie. He waits at the stop for a bus ride, his comfort travel. Three-hour bus ride at night gives him the rest that he always yearns for, giving him a clearer mind. Soon he has to go back to internship and his vacation will be over so he wants to make the best of every rest he gets.

The bus came just then so went up and chose a seat near the windows. He took his airpods and played his comfort playlist. Soon after, he drifted to sleep.