Prologue: A God's Divine Creation.

Know that I will gladly be the
Icarus to your certainty !

On March twenty-third, a baby was born. Though, it wasn't just any baby — it was a cursed child of the gods. Phoebus Apollon had fallen in love with yet another mortal and, again, it ended in tragedy. No adultery, no falling out of love, etc; It was by the fault of his father, Zeus, and his unbelievable rules. A rebellious child he was, so he didn't follow them. When he found the most recent mortal was pregnant, he was thrilled. He had the best feeling about this child. It's almost comical just how right but so wrong that he was. His child would be his reincarnation in the body of a half-blood. Someone who would share so many of his traits, the good and the bad — this was someone he would adore with every ounce of his divine soul.

On March twenty-third, the sun shone brighter than it ever had. Apollo was absolutely and endlessly happy on that day. He was grinning from ear to ear, blinding pearly whites on full display as he looked down at the beautiful infant in his arms. He cradled them gently, tracing every inch of their face with light feather touches. His hands were stained with the blood he had spilled, they were calloused and rough, but he would never let anything in this terrible world hurt his baby. He wanted to memorize every inch of their face. His eyes lit up with wondrous joy when the baby opened their eyes; Those irises that were identical to his. Eyes that reflected the very skies that were clear as day outside of the hospital window. His heart swelled with such warmth when the baby's tiny hand wrapped around his finger. The gaze he held on them was the softest it had ever been, no one had ever been looked at so softly by the god of the sun.

               He cooed gently at their curious face. "Oh, my darling, aren't you just the cutest thing." The baby gave a wide and gummy smile, earning a melodious laugh from their father. "Colette Soleil Victoire, tu feras de moi le père le plus fier de toute l'éternité. Rien ne devrait jamais vous blesser; si quelque chose se rapproche même légèrement, ils feront face à la colère du dieu soleil. Colette Soleil Victoire, you will make me the proudest father in all eternity. Nothing should ever hurt you; If anything comes even slightly close, they will face the wrath of the sun god. I swear it upon the River Styx." When the thunder struck loudly, he knew it was time for him to leave. His grinning lips pulled down into a frown, his heart broke when the baby girl in his arms had begun to tear up at his own sadness. "You'll be seeing me, darling, I swear it."

               The look in his eyes was startling. Such primal and possessive devotion, it was terrifying and exciting in a sense. Phoebus Apollon would make sure that nothing under the sun he ruled would hurt his daughter, he would love and protect her beyond words — that he swore to himself, ignoring the louder lightning that boomed. He hummed gently, his voice angelic and soothing as his daughter began to drift into the land of unconsciousness with a faint smile on her face. "May the Fates have mercy on you, sweetheart." A light feathered and lingering kiss was placed upon her forehead and her skin shone brightly from head to toe. He placed her back into her mother's arms before turning to walk out of the room, sighing sadly as he wished he could do more. However, despite his absence, she would strive. After all, she was his divine creation.

Seven years later, on March twenty-third, tragedy struck. As much as Apollo wished that the universe and the cosmos would be gentle with his daughter, he knew that not even the Fates would have mercy on her. For that, he loathed himself for having cursed a child like this. When he arrived on the scene, he expected tears. He expected sobs and heart wrenching hiccups. He did not expect his little girl to be surrounded by golden dust and a knife in her hands. He wanted her to remain oblivious to his world, but it was clear her mother had other plans. His little girl, the same one that looked up at him with joyful eyes as he held her, was the same one holding a blade with a steady hand and glaring down at the dust that covered the floor. However, he noticed the way her eyes went hazy with tears when they looked at her butchered mother, but she blinked them away — refusing to cry. All in all, it broke his heart all over again. Nothing would ever hurt as much as it did to leave her, but this? This was definitely a close second.

Colette took a long and steadying breath, pushing away the shudders that threatened to ripple down her spine in heavy exertion. She gulped down the lingering lump in her throat and pocketed the blade her mother had handed her minutes before her untimely demise. "Sweetheart?" Apollo called gently from his place by the door. She inhaled sharply, neck craning to look to the left where the man — the god — stood in the doorway. She immediately saw the resemblance; It was uncanny. Their hair was the exact same shade of blonde and their irises the very same blue that reflected the sky.

She knew who he was. "Papa?" She rasped, voice hoarse from the lack of use.

"It's me, darling." He was gentle with her, afraid that she could snap if he did the wrong thing. She had just lost her mother and killed her first monster, that was never easy — he was one of the few gods that understood that. His eyes scanned her up and down, searching for any form of injury. He almost audibly sighed in relief when he found none. "Çe va bien? Are you okay?"

Her lip trembled despite herself and her eyes welled with tears once more then. It took every part of her soul and every ounce of strength to keep them at bay, she wanted to scream and cry and run into her father's arms with hopes of finding that warmth that she had missed. "Maman est morte. Mama is dead." She stated plainly, voice cracking on the last word. "Elle partirai et c'etait ma faute. She's gone and it's my fault."

"Oh, sweetheart," he sighed, walking toward his little girl and picking her up, cradling her the way he had longed to for so long. She gripped the fabric of his shirt tightly as she took shuddering breaths, she tried so hard not to cry, but feeling his loving and protective embrace pushed her over the edge. Her sobs were loud and unforgiving, hiccups and gasps interrupting every once and awhile. He rubbed her back soothingly, humming every so often to provide comfort while sobs rippled through her small body. "I'm sorry, I'm so sorry." He croaked, heartbroken at his daughter's pain.

Eventually her sobs ceased and her eyes dulled. She was no longer the bright eyed young girl she used to be, and she never would be.

Apollo took his daughter and lead her to his twin sister and her hunters, somewhere he knew she would survive. They would teach her all about living in their world — her world — and he would visit any moment he could because she was the apple of his eye. He knew that she would achieve greatness, she would be the slayer of so many monsters that would try to harm her in any way. She would be a gracious fighter and she would make him proud, for she was his absolute divine creation.

ICARUS' NOTES:

Me levitating with the music I used to write this chapter ^ First half: Angel, FinneasSecond half: Life Moves On, Finneas

First half: Angel, Finneas
Second half: Life Moves On, Finneas

On another note, I want the gods to be as dark as they are. Def won't be adding anything crazy, mainly violent death and maiming at their hands as well as their dark devotion for their kids (cough, Apollo, cough). He's going to be bloodthirsty and if anything hurts Lettie, haha, have fun with that. But yeah, enjoy this I guess.

Game time!
At the beginning of every chapter, right underneath the title, there's going to be song lyrics. See if you can guess the song, yeah?
Lyrics for this chap: "Know that I will gladly be the
Icarus to your certainty ..."