Epilogue Part I

Epilogue: The Male Lead Point of View

"Young Duke, your sister is crying again," Hisam informed me.

I stopped from reading when Hisam informed me again about my sister crying again for the same reason.

Ever since my little always been bully by her playmates due to her red eyes and white her. But it was all change when I stand for her.

However, her playmates used another tactic to  fool my sister. This time many aristocrat wants to get closer to my sister in order to get closer to me.

"Kungdi lang talaga niya kapatid si Havier ay hindi ko siya pagtitiisan."

"Yeah. She's a bit clingy!"

"Her smiles send chills to me. She look so creepy!"

I clinch my fist when I heard one of my sister playmates conversation about my innocent sister.

Kungdi lang sila babae ay matagal na silang nabura sa mundong ito.

This is the reason why I loath other woman other than my mother and sister. Most of them are social climber and user.

"I hate you brother! Why did you banned them from attending my tea party!" Amy cried when she discover that I banned her user friend from entering our household.

"It for your own good, Amy," I said.

They betray you!

"But kuya!"

Ibubuka ko na sana bibig ko ng maalala ang mga binitiwan salita ng aking ina bago siya mamayapa.

"I know you barely express your emotion son. But it would hurt the people you love or it might cause misunderstanding. I want you to be honest with your feeling when you find the lady you want to marry someday. Make sure that she would feel you love everyday. Kasali na doon kapatid mo na babae. You know that your sister is naive and sensitive. I want you to take care your sister when I am gone in this world," she whisper to me her last breath.

It was painful watching mother dying. My father almost got insane when she died and forget his job as a father and Duke. He forgot his duty.

As a first born and his son. I did his duty when I was 10 years old. I know I am too young but if I just watch our household crumble into dust my sister would suffer and my people too.

At the age 12, I was send in the battlefield because my father have not yet recover from mourning my mother. Sending him to war would just put his life to danger.

Many people doubt my capability because of my age. However I survive the war and kill most of our opponent. The Emperor was glad to what I did.

He seem amazed with my achievement as a result he send treasury to our household. He also always sent me to expedition or on the battlefield. He is testing me.

Due to my achievement at young age. I was called by many  as 'Young Duke' because I am not officially Duke but I oblige and perform my father duty as a Duke.

I survive  battles and go home. However, my sister treatment to me change. She become so distant to me. I am not good at expressing my feeling that cause our relationship to distort.

As our household start to rise and our wealth increase. A lot of people become more greedy to get close to our household.

Hindi nila ako malapitan dahil sa pagiging malamig ko sa tao. Instead, they choose to get near to my sister.

Through Hisam, I can monitor all my sister activity and the people surrounds her even I am far away from her.

My relationship got worse when strangle one of her friend because she entered my room. It was my sister 15th birthday that time. When she blow her candle, I hurriedly leave because I know she would not like my presence. I would destroy her mood if I prolong my stay.