Chapter Seven: The Next Day: Part Two.

When we arrive at the DMV, the nerves set in. My mom wishes me luck and sends me off with my driving instructor. "Are you ready?" The tall bald man asks me. "Yeah- Yes." I answer nervously. I get into the car and I start the engine. I look down at my wrist to see my good luck charm from Jeremiah. I smile. I know I can do this now. I drive the driving course like it's no problem, and I ace the test. A few hours later, after they take my picture and give me the temporary license, I can finally make my way back home. My mom does let me drive on the way home.

I walk in the door and everyone (Susannah, Steven, Jeremiah, and Conrad) is sitting in the living room, greeting me as I walk in. It's silent for a minute as Jeremiah and I lock eyes. "Well did you pass?!" Susannah blurts out to break the silence. I am gonna fool them so hard. I frown my face. "Well... Actually." I say sadly. The looks on everyone's faces change to fit the meloncholy mood. "I passed!" I shout out, more upbeat. Susannah practically jumps with joy as she throws her arms around me. "I'm so proud of you!" She exclaims, holding me in her embrace. I the hug Steven, my Mom, and even Conrad let's me give him a breif hug. Then it's Jeremiah's turn. This should be awkward. He hasn't said anything since I walked in, his face has had the same blank, guilty expression. Still, like I said, he's my best friend. I break the tension by walking up to him and throwing one arm around his shoulder for a one armed hug. He is tense at first, I can sense it. But he starts to loosen up as he hugs my back. "C-Congrats, Bells." He whispers to me nervously. I pull away from him and back away over to my Mom. "I-I'm gonna go upstairs now." I explain to them. They all nod and I run up the stairs.

About an hour or two later, it's dark out, and I decide to go for a night swim. I make my way downstairs and outside to the pool before jumping in. I come up for air. I go back under and this time I
open my eyes. I'm shocked to be greeted with Jeremiah. We both come up. "Hi." He says to me. I hesitate. "H-hi." I reply. "Is this one of your solo night swims or can I join?" He asks. I nod. "Sure." I say. It sure is cold. We both start to wade the water in a circle, always across from eachother. "Oh Bells." Jere says to me. "What?" I giggle. No answer. "What is it?" I ask again. "It's nothing." He answers. A few seconds later, when he can see I am not happy with his answer, he finally revises it. "Everything.". I'm confused. What does he mean? "You're my best friend. There are times I've wanted to be more." He admits. I feel a jolt of electricity through my body when he says it. So he does feel something for me. I smile a small smile. "Really..?" I ask him. "W-why didn't you say anything?". He looks down. "Well there was always Conrad." He starts. "And.. I don't know.. I figured you only saw me as a friend.". I sigh. He senses why I am not talking. "About earlier.." Jeremiah says. "I only said that shit because I didn't think you would want to make a big deal of it, okay?". I find myself smiling. He really does like me. He moves closer to me. "What are you saying?" I ask him to clarify. "I'm saying that...". Jeremiah..... "I want to make a big deal about it.". My heart sinks. Oh my gosh. This is really happeneing. I move closer. "Me too." I reply. He smiles his beautiful smile and pulls me in close. I smile at him as we lock eyes. Jeremiah slides his hands around my waist and pulls me in so our lips touch yet again. I kiss him back with more passion than ever. He pulls my legs up and wraps them around his waist as he lifts me up high. This. Is. Amazing. It's like a sensation I've never felt before. I put both of my hands around his face as we make out. A few seconds later when we break the kiss to be able to breathe, we're both left smiling at eachother endlessly. I don't really know what to say, so I just kiss him again. It's like we were made for eachother, the way our lips mold so perfectly together.

Jeremiah escorts me out of the pool, and back into my room. Before I walk into my room, he pulls me by my arm until our faces are inches apart, and I crash my lips on to his again. "Goodnight Bells." Jeremiah says. "Goodnight Jere.". And at that, I walk into my room and shut the door. My life was never the same again after.