~12~

It was a scorching afternoon, and Rozien was sitting on the patio while overlooking the exquisite garden. His serine moment was interrupted when Mira, Lady Beatrice’s housemaid,  informed him about a certain visitor.

“There is someone who wishes to see you, my Lord,” Mira informed him.

Rozien was confused as to who would visit him at this hour of the day. He knows that Carlein is in the castle and spends his time sealing deals for their own kingdom.

He gently smiled at Mira and said, “Let them in”.

Mira bowed her head before going out. Rozien patiently waited until someone poked his hair from behind.

He surprisingly looked at who it was.

"Surprise, my dear brother!” Princess Rielle energetically greeted him. He felt his heart swell at the sight of his younger sister. He immediately hugged Rielle.

“I miss you,” he breathed. Tears gently flowed from his eyes. It’s been a while since she last saw her younger sister.

Rielle hugged him back and said, “I miss you more, my brother. You know I’m so glad that Papa let you out for real!”

They both giggled. “Tell me about your experience here at Aunt Beatrice’s rest house.”

“I’m fine here, but I’m a little bit bored. Thus, seeing you here makes me happy.” Nobody can explain his happiness.

They continued their conversation to their hearts content. They both laughed while sharing their own memories.

“Have you found someone dear, my brother?” Rielle suddenly asked.
Rozien froze. He didn’t expect his sister to ask such a question. His body tensed up.

“Uhhm, I don’t know my sister.”
Rielle noticed Rozien tensing. She looked at him suspiciously and asked, “Are you sure?”

Rozien waved his hands in dismissal. “I still haven’t. I will tell you once I find someone.” Little beads of sweat formed in his forehead.

When he noticed that his sister would tease him, he immediately turned the tables and asked her back the question she had asked him.

“How about you? Have you found someone that piques your interest?”
His sister stopped for a minute. Blood rushed immediately to her cheeks.

“I think I found someone in whom I’m interested,” she says, bashful about it.

Rozien knows that his sister Rielle is one of the most beautiful young ladies in their kingdom. She’s kind, pure, and sweet. Many bachelors would want to marry her.

It’s now Rozien’s turn to tease her sister. “Tell me about him.”

Rielle hid her smile under her handkerchief. “He’s handsome, tall, and dark, with a body beautifully built. He’s also intelligent, she dreamily described her subject of affection.

But then her eyes seemed crestfallen after a second. “But he’s too cold and hard to approach. I don’t know what to do, my dear brother.”

Rozien patted Rielle’s shoulder and said, “Don’t worry, he’ll notice you too. Not now, but someday.”

This has made Rielle happy. Her mood greatly improved. “I hope so, brother. I hope so.”

---

Carlein’s P.O.V.

After attending some meetings with some merchants, I headed directly to where Rozien is staying.

I am so enthusiastic to see him after a very tiring day. I want to embrace him and rest my tired head on his shoulders.

Mira accommodated me, walking with me to where Rozien currently is. I heard laughter. Especially his. But I heard a woman’s voice.

He’s with someone?

I dismissed Mira when we reached the passage to the patio.

I peeked and saw Rozien with Princess Rielle. I heaved a sigh of relief.

Is it okay if I interrupt them?

After contemplating, I still decided to come in. They both stopped laughing when they felt my presence.

Rozien was surprised, but it was nothing compared to Princess Rielle’s shocked and suspicious gaze.

“Good day, Princess Rielle and Prince Rozien", I said courteously.

I met Rozien’s questioning gaze. As if questioning me about what I’m doing here, and worst of all, why I am letting Princess Rielle know that I know him already.

I still kept a cold face when Princess Rielle talked. “What are you doing here, Prince Carlein?”
Rozien was still looking at me with those pleading eyes, pleading with me not to tell him why I was here.

But I’ve already made my decision. It’s just Princess Rielle anyway. There would be no bad things to happen if I told her the truth.

With my gaze, I reassured him that It’s okay and that I can handle it. He’s still nervous, and I want to take his hand, but right now, I can’t.

I will disclose to Princess Rielle how I met him, but I will not tell her about Rozien and my relationship.

“I met him during my first day of stay at the Trovi kingdom’s castle.” After that, I told some of my encounters with Rozien.

She looked at Rozien after I told her how we knew each other. Then she sweetly smiled at him. “I’m so happy that you met Prince Carlein. I don’t know that he’s somewhat friendly.”

I am not friendly. But I’ll let her think of it that way.

“I’m glad that my big brother finally made a friend!” She’s still engrossed in praising his brother.

I internally smirked, We’re more than friends.

Roziens’ gaze and mine met. I tauntingly smirled at him.

He’s not totally mine yet, but I’ll make sure of it.

--------

A/N: Hello guys! Here’s a small update^^

I’m so sorry for not updating for a long time, TT. I’ve been very busy with my schoolwork, but it’s already paid off. It’s my vacation now, and I will start uploading at least small updates for my stories. Thanks for all those who supported my work even though I’m not active this past few months.

- youtomei

Kai