The root of all my problems

It was a great morning in the cabin in the woods. Halt was sitting on a chair on the veranda with a warm cup of coffee in his hands while Will was practicing in the meadow by the small wooden cabin. A gentle breeze ruffled Halt's graying hair, carrying the smells of the forest with it. If Halt had to describe the morning with one word it would be peacefu..."WILL, GET DOWN FROM THERE!!" Halt shouted as he saw his apprentice unnervingly high up in a tree. Will's head swiveled from the next branch above him to the small figure of his master way below him. Unsure of what Halt had said due to being so high up in the tree, Will simply removed one hand from around the trunk of the tree and waved at Halt.
"I swear this boy is going to be the death of me" Halt murmured to himself. "WILL, COME DOWN!!" Halt yelled up to his apprentice. Will seemed to had heard him this time and began climbing back down the tree. Will was almost down the tree when the sound of a sickening crack met Halt's ears. Halt and Will's eyes met and there was equal amount of fear in each of them. Then Will fell.
"Will!" Halt cried as his apprentice tumbled to the ground. Halt rushed over and knelt next to him. Will groaned as he pushed himself into a sitting position, staring at his left ankle. It was clearly broken.
"Halt," he squeaked, "my ankle." The adrenaline of the fall had worn off quickly and Will was beginning to feel the pain from his ankle. 
"It's broken all right. Let's get that taken care of." Halt said, gently picking up Will and carrying him into the cabin. Will bit his lip to avoid making a sound as Halt set his ankle and began wrapping it.
"What we're you doing climbing that tree, anyway?" Halt asked him, looking up at Will briefly before turning his attention back to splinting his ankle.
"Y'know," Will shrugged, "just branching out my training. Get it? Branching out." Halt rolled his eyes but Will could've sworn he heard him mumble "You are the root of all my problems." under his breath. Will would never forget the day the legendary and grim Halt O'Carrick made a tree pun. He couldn't wait to tell Gilan.

I know this is bad! I'm sorry!!