you are in love

⚠️WARNING: this one-shot could be regarded as slightly mature. there are hints and slight mentions of ~steamy stuff~ but no descriptions whatsoever, so please read at your own risk. i don't want to be responsible for corrupting children.

[ one look, dark room
meant just for you
time moved too fast
you play it back ]

biana glanced across the graduation hall shyly, teal eyes lingering on a figure shrouded in dark shadows in one corner of the dark room. tam song. her eternal crush. he was fidgeting with his black grad robe uncomfortable, his lips turned upwards in a forced smile as his sister fixed his grad cap. his silver eyes roamed across the room, until they locked with hers.

she froze at the contact, a blush rising to her cheeks. almost immediately, biana averted her teal eyes, and ducked to hide her flaming face. tam frowned from across the room, and biana mentally chided herself: stupid, stupid, stupid! why had she done that?

and then, "farewell class of 2020!" cheers arose from every corner of the room, jerking biana from her thoughts; had they really, actually, graduated? as she cheered with the rest of her class, her mind flashed back to the four years she had spent at foxfire high. it seemed like just months ago she had walked through the metal doors of their high school for the first time. and, yet, today she were graduating.

time had really gone by too fast.

[ buttons on a coat
light-hearted joke
no proof, not much
but you saw enough ]

tam could not stop fidgeting with the velvet-covered buttons of his tuxedo. a faint blush graced his pale cheeks. just across the room, by the punch table, was the beauty known as biana vacker. she was the girl everyone loved, who other girls both envied and praised, who the guys— the guys interested in girls— fell to their knees for. and she was his eternal crush.

he couldn't help but notice how ethereal she looked in her lavender prom dress and gleaming silver jewelry. her teal eyes twinkled as she laughed at something one of her friends had said. almost mechanically, tam's legs started to move. one step, then another, and another. and then, he was standing right in front of biana amberly vacker.

"um, hey," he said, and then internally cringed. why was he so stupid? anything would be better that saying that!

"hey." to his surprise, biana beamed at him. beamed. at him. at tam. it was as if all the breath had been knocked out his body. her smile had already been enchanting enough, but now it was directed at him. it was enough to make his heart stop beating.

at the back of his mind, he realized he hadn't said anything for a few minutes. and now biana was looking at him expectantly. so tam cracked a smile, saying, "careful now, you wouldn't want to blind anyone with those pearly whites."

if he could've slapped himself in the face, right in front of biana, without seeming more of a moron, he would have.

what the actual fuck, tam? he groaned to himself. first of all, that "joke" wasn't even funny. second, who even said "pearly whites" anymore?!

but biana started to giggle, which turned into full-on laughter. she doubled over, and grabbed tam's arm to balance herself.

goosebumps shot up his arm and entire body. he couldn't stop the blush from rising to his cheeks.

biana blushed too, realizing what she had grabbed, and let go quickly— too quickly in tam's opinion. "sorry," she said bashfully, teal eyes still shining with amusement.