Chapter 9

Later that evening, I carried the box down to my garage that was located in the lower ground level of my apartment building, where I parked my 1965 black Mercedes 600 Pullman. I only drove my car on special occasions, and as I said before- this was indeed a special occasion. I placed the black box on the floor of my black Mercedes. From there, I drove approximately two-hundred and thirty two miles to Green Mountain National Forest, which was a three hour and thirty minute drive. A beautiful forest, indeed it is. I drove to the exact spot of where I had buried the last three women (or shall I refer to these women as devils). A spot twenty minutes from the Somerset reservoir. On that specific day, the clouds that were covering the sun from shining were a dark grey and the wind was howling through the trees above me as I walked through the forest. I began to bury this devil next to the other sinful creations. A chill ran down my spin as a thought crossed my mind while I covered Linda's remains in the dark soil that was beginning to turn damp due to the rain that fell in-between the red and orange leaves that hung above me. But the chill that ran up my spin soon disappeared once I turned away to walk back to my car, which was parked less than two miles away from where I was currently at- and where the four devils' lustful human bodies will remain.

One of my favorite seasons is in fact, the season known as Fall. Early Fall still is sunny, consisting of a bit of humidity during the day. September being the warmest month during this season and November being the coolest. The weather during November in New York lies between 55 to 42 Fahrenheit, which would be 12.77 to 5.5 Celsius.

The next day, I woke up and went about my usual day. I took an eight minute shower, brushed my teeth with my light blue soft toothbrush that I replaced every two weeks, combed and lightly gelled my hair, dressed in my white underwear, black slacks, white button up, black tie, and black coat, put on my white ankle socks, and before leaving the house- I slipped on my black loafers.

I was sitting in my office room when one of the lady office workers knocked on my brown wooden office door, requesting if she could come in to speak to me. This women had short curly orange hair and would always wear a dark brown headband to push back her hair from her flushed freckled face. That specific day she wore a black skirt that went just above her knees and a short sleeved rose pink blouse, along with black heals.

"Linda Taylor appears to not be here today, we called her husband and he said that he has not seen her since yesterday evening." I was expecting for this happen- for one of my employees to take concern to Linda Taylor. But only if they knew, if they knew the truth. A devil lives a life full of lies- Lies that only become darker and more complex. If one builds a life on lies, that creature shall endure an eternity of suffering.

"Is that so?" I stood up from my desk chair in concern, "If you told her husband, there is nothing we can do. He must contact the authorities, and we must put our trust in their hands. Hopefully she will return soon, safe." Mary Davis, the orange haired lady standing in front of me, had a concerned look on her face as she paced back and forth in the office room.

"I know, I know" She stopped pacing the floor and looked up at me, "I should not have concerned you, Mr. Carter. She is safe, she must be. You are right, I shall not worry. I am sorry I wasted your time."

"That is what I am here for, if no one has heard from her, I am deeply worried as well, Ms. Davis. I hope she is safe, but for now, please get back to work and try not to worry yourself sick."

Mary quickly ran up to me from where I was (to the right side of my office desk), and hugged me, "Mr. Carter, thank you" Her voice was quavering as she said these words. Mary Davis took a step back, recollecting herself, "I am so sorry, thank you Mr. Carter. I will get back to work." We exchanged smiles, then she silently turned away and walked out of my office.

I left the office ten past eight, then took a cab back to my apartment. I slipped off my black loafers as soon as I entered the front door, placing them on the shoe rack. From there, I poured myself a glass of whiskey over one solid squared cube of ice. I placed the whiskey I had just poured myself on the living room counter, then I did something unexpected- I decided to play Ludwig van Beethoven on my record player. Symphony No. 5. This symphony was composed in the year of 1808 and the first performance was in the same year, at the Theater an Der Wien in Vienna, Austria. The instruments seen in this famous piece are: three flutes, two oboes, two clarinets, three bassoons, two horns, two trumpets, three trombones, strings, and percussion.

As this piece played, I sat on the couch sipping on my whiskey as I looked straight ahead of me. Nothing was there- just my Acadia white colored wall.

That is when the vision appeared. No- rather, it was no vision at all.

It was God himself.