Chapter 8

"Mr. Carter" Linda leaned into me as we sat on the couch, listening to Frédéric Chopin on the recorder. "Shall we take this to bed?" She kissed me on the cheek after asking me this.

She was beautiful, if I must say. Fair skin, a healthy well-kept body, round plumped breasts, the perfect height for a women, even her eyes were a beautiful shade of dark green. I looked down at her lips, she wore the same two shades of red: crimson red and scarlet red. The one thing different, was her nail polish. I held her hand up to me, as I looked at her nail color. I thought 'more red?'. The color red- must be her favorite.

"May I ask what your favorite color is?" Taking my attention away from her hand, I looked back up at her green eyes that had been staring at me.

"I'm very fond of the color red" When she smiled, chills ran down my spine.

"Red?" I rhetorically asked.

"Mr. Carter, if I must say you are a very fastidious man." She giggled then leaned into me, kissing my cheek, "Shall we take this to bed?"

I slowly unzipped her scarlet red dress as she sat on my bed. She was wearing a black bra underneath her dress, along with revealing black laced underwear, as if she knew where the night would take her. This was no shock to me, of course- for every Friday, as I have stated; we would ate dinner at a restaurant, then took a cab to my apartment for drinks and sex. I kissed her breast that were perky then kissed her nipples that were light pink. Linda let out a light moan as I rubbed my middle finger on her clitoris. Her vagina was a light pink, just like her nipples and her inner vagina lips were asymmetrical, with dark brown pubic hair that she got waxed every two weeks. Linda laid on her back, facing me as I slowly entered my penis inside of her.

"It feels good, Mr. Carter" Linda wrapped her arms around my neck as I thrusted in and out of her, "Harder."

A feeling of disgust fell over me and as I looked at her all I could see was my mother's face. I leaned up, making Linda's arms that were wrapped around my neck fall down on the bed. Then I grabbed her waist and started violently thrusting inside of her. Her moans were agonizing to my ears, how excruciating it was, indeed. It was all those days, all those months that lead up to this moment- the day of her punishment.

I placed both of my hands on her neck, gripping her neck as tight as I could while I kept thrusting my hips back and forth. Linda tried to reach for my hands, but it seemed as if she had no strength to do such a thing. Her skin was turning pale, almost the shade of a light blue and her eyes were turning red. I could not help but let out a smile, a pleasant sensation rushed through my body and as she breathed her last breath, I ejaculated inside of her.

I leaned in and kissed her, "Shall I pray?" I laughed as I stared at her lifeless body, "Praying will do you no good, a sinner will always remain a sinner." I kissed Linda's pale blue face, "Mother." A tear fell from my face, but not a tear of sadness nor regret. Rather a tear full of joy. The record player in the front room was still playing Frédéric Chopin.

That night, I took a warm shower for seven minutes, making sure not to steam up my bathroom. Then, I blow dried my hair and combed it, using a light amount of hair gel. I wore black underwear and black socks that rose above my ankles. I dressed in a white button up, with my nicest black suit and black tie. And before I left the house, I slipped on a pair of black loafers that I have only wore three times, this time making it the fourth. It was a routine I made for special occasions such as this one.

The makeup on Linda's face was smeared from earlier while we were having sex and her hair was a mess as well, such a shameless women. I combed her hair and wipped off her makeup, starting with her scarlet and crimson red lipstick she was wearing. It was easy picking Linda up and setting her in my bathtub and after I did this, I pulled out a black box that was underneath my bed along with a handsaw. Each limb was carefully severed off, taking me precisely four minutes for each limb. Both of her arms; severing from the elbow- separating the forearm from the arm, severing from the knee- separating her calves from her thighs, her stomach was cut in two: severing her chest and stomach, and then I severed her head, cutting the part where I had left a bruise. I watched the crimson red blood pour out of her lifeless body as it slowly went down the drain to my bathtub. Then, I carefully packed each part into the black box that was sized perfectly for her body, each limb positioned differently.

A thought crossed my mind as I placed the top of the black box back on and sealed it shut, a quote from Fydor Dostoevsky's novel Crime and Punishment when discussing why Rodion Raskolnikov committed his murder, "Raskoknikov confesses that in the utterly selfish nature of the murder he 'wanted to find out... whether I was a louse like everybody else or a man. Whether I can step over Barries or not'". Raskoknivok wanted to know if he was a Napoleon, he wanted to murder with no casuistry. Raskoknikov's exact words when he was explaining why he had murdered to Sonia Semyonovna were, "I wanted to find out something else; it was something else led me on. I wanted to find out then and quickly whether I was a louse like everybody else or a man. Whether I can step over Barries or not, whether I dare stoop to pick up or not, whether I am a trembling creature or whether I have a right...'". After Rodion's murder, many would state he went 'mad' and went into a delusional state after being struck down by an illness that immediately followed after he slaughtered the two women.

I soon realized that him and I were very much different- indeed. Rodion had the potential to be a louse, yet he was just a man. Rodion was a trembling creature. For I; I am neither a trembling man nor a louse, I am a disciple. A disciple of god, following his path to help create a perfect world- a world without sin. I have a right. I am what Rodion Raskoknikov was not.