Chapter 4 - The Colonel's Education

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Sense and Sensibility! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates on the second and fourth Saturday of each month!
—————————————————————

Mr. and Mrs. Brandon's wedding night had only been the beginning.

Over the course of the next three weeks, Mrs. Millins and the rest of the staff hardly saw the Colonel or his new bride as they allowed themselves the luxury of indulging in the pleasures newlyweds enjoyed.

After years of mournful solitude and haunting remorse, Christopher had at last received his reward for his service in the form of kisses, touches, blissful peaks, and all of the exhaustion that came to lovers who actively sought to physically express their feelings for one another.

He and Marianne greeted each other with sweet kisses as soon as they woke each morning.

They exchanged deeper versions of the same affection before they closed their eyes to sleep every night, usually both bare under the sheets, with Marianne cuddled on his chest and his arm around her as the perspiration from their efforts stained the bed beneath them.

Mrs. Millins and the staff saw their workload steeply increase as they changed their master's bedding every day and worked to put meals on the table at exactly the appropriate times, lest the couple lose interest in eating all together and seek to satisfy themselves with each other's company instead of sustenance.

The staff of the Brandon estate were thoughtful enough to leave pitchers of water outside of the Colonel's bedroom door to ensure the lord and lady of the house at least kept fluid in their bodies during pauses between their.....activities.

It made the maids giggle every time they came to retrieve the pitcher and found it empty.

One night, after a pleasantly tiring evening spent kneeling on all fours in front of her husband while he lifted her towards the heavens, Marianne snuggled against Christopher and placed a tender kiss directly over his heart.

"I love you, my darling Marianne." He whispered as he idly let his fingers comb through her auburn hair.

"And I love you, Christopher." She replied in a heavy, satisfied sigh.

Marianne closed her eyes as her exhausted body took its rest.

After Christopher silently watched her for a few moments, he bent his head and placed a delicate kiss on her forehead.

As she shifted in her sleep, he noticed her beautiful nipples had reddened from his attention.

Christopher gave her forehead one more kiss before he closed his eyes, wrapped his arms around her protectively, and sought his own rest.

Marianne drifted through undisturbed slumber until the morning sun peeked through the fine curtains that lined their windows, but Christopher reunited with his wife far before the time they woke as he met her once again, naked and loving, in his dreams.

—————————————————————

Colonel Brandon was not a man who had spent much time living intimately close with women.

He had heard vague descriptions of female struggles, but as for many men of his era, the fine details of specific occurrences in those of the fairer sex remained shrouded in mystery.

As he woke the next morning to watch his dreams turn to nightmares, he wished that someone had taken the time to enlighten him.

His eyes widened as soon as he realized that Marianne lay curled on the floor with her legs folded under her chest as she rocked back and forth.