Chapter 13 - A Proper Gentleman

Thank you for reading! I don't own any of Sense and Sensibility! Please let me know if you enjoy! Updates on the second and fourth Saturday of each month!
—————————————————————

Mrs. Jennings was quick to spread the news about Marianne's latest pregnancy by utilizing the art of swift gossip.

Elinor, Mrs. Dashwood, and Margaret were overjoyed about the announcement, but worry plagued their hearts.

A pregnancy with a single child was dangerous enough, survival rates for mothers and babies during the birth of multiples were alarmingly low.

No one seemed more aware of that grim reality than Christopher.

Dr. Harris's theory about the potential of twins residing in Marianne's womb seemed more and more probable as the months slowly passed.

Marianne suffered from an exhaustion she had never felt in her life, not even during her two previous pregnancies, as well as bouts of unpredictable, uncontrollable, and violent sickness.

Christopher ended all of his travel as his wife's condition advanced, not daring to leave her side for a moment as each day presented the possibility of a new challenge.

Although, after nights when she was able to sleep and lulls between episodes of being ill, Marianne actually felt rather decent.

Whenever her stomach did not force her to empty its contents, Mrs. Brandon was besieged by a voracious appetite, which Christopher eagerly accomodated.

He watched his wife's belly grow with a gentle softness in his eyes.

One particular morning, as he and Marianne climbed out of bed to ready for their day, Christopher paused to watch her as she lifted her nightdress above her head and stood for a moment with her bare figure on display.

A look of silent awe crossed Christopher's face as he watched Marianne sigh while she placed a hand on the side of her magnificent, rounded womb.

She barely heard him walk over as he swept up behind her, splayed his fingers over the swell, and pressed a gentle kiss to her delicate neck.

"My darling, Marianne.......there are no words in existence to describe your beauty." Christopher whispered in her ear.

Marianne giggled quietly as her husband snaked one arm around her to possessively hold her belly while he moved his other hand to cup one of her heavy breasts.

"Christopher......." Marianne sighed, "........How can you even look at me like this?"

"You know how delightful I find it when you're in full bloom, my love." Christopher whispered as he planted another lingering kiss on the sensitive flesh of her throat.

"Christopher!" Marianne gasped as her husband's fingertips drifted over one of her fattened nipples.

She let her head rest against his chest as his lips brushed her throat while his hands roamed across her naked body.

"I'm.....I'm carrying your twins." Marianne gasped as she leaned forward and clutched onto the dresser for support, "I'm certain of it."

Her blue eyes widened in anticipation as her husband pressed against her and let the silhouette of his arousal rub against her bottom.

"All the more reason I should reward you, my love." Christopher whispered in his low purr of a voice.

Marianne squealed in delight as he carefully lifted her and carried her back to the bed, secure in his strong grasp.

Christopher sat her down on the bed as tenderly as if she were made of glass before he knelt in front of her and gently took her full breasts into his hands as he leaned forward.