The elephant in the room

Chapter 30
The elephant in the room

Kelvin smiled at Koruna in victory “Now you want something from me.”

“Are you going to tell me?”

“I want something in return.” Kelvin replied.

“I know him better that he ever could, I will tell you everything I know; it is the best I can do after last night. What were you doing there?” Mariam asked Koruna.

“Meeting up with old friends, I had no idea that they had upgraded their game though, it was quite the surprise and if you want to do something to repay me, I have a list of things.” Koruna shoved a piece of bread in her mouth.

Mariam glared at her “As long as your list is within reason. Let’s ride to school together, I think we would have lots to talk about.”

Margaret sighed “This should be good.”

They picked up their bags and rode in Margaret’s car, Mariam looked at Koruna through the rear mirror.

“I want in.” Mariam said.

“Excuse me?” Koruna blinked.

“If it has something to do with causing real pain to Jason Bry, I want in because I know he was the reason I was drugged and probably nearly raped.” She continued.

“I don’t even know who he is, why would I want to cause him pain?” Koruna scoffed.

“I am not stupid, I saw the recognition in your eyes when you heard the name. You know something and I don’t even care what it is,  I want to make him regret the day he was born.” Mariam fumed.

“I have a list of things you can repay me with then we can talk about your plan for Jason Bry. Actually, not a list just one thing majorly.” Koruna smiled at her.

Mariam looked at her suspiciously “What is it?”

“I have a friend who wants a date with you, he is not an Elite and is one of the shrewdest people I know.” Koruna said at a rapid pace.

Mariam paused and looked back at her in confusion “I did not expect that.”

“I don’t know how he knows you or what he wants from you but I promised him a date.” She shrugged.

“Was this before last night?” Margaret asked.

“Yep.”

“Did he ask for a date with any Elite or did he ask for me?” Mariam asked.

“He asked for you, again; I don’t know how he knows who you are and I do my best not to know what happens with him.” Koruna chuckled.

“You want me to go out with a strange man who in your words is shrewd and might not have good intentions towards me just after I got drugged and almost lost every shred of my dignity. Is that right?”

“You summarized that pretty well.” Koruna winked.

“Are you serious?” Mariam shrieked.

“Flank is not that bad, you just have to make sure you don’t go there with anything shiny or expensive. He wouldn’t force you to do anything you don’t want to do and if it makes you feel better, I will assign someone to keep you safe.”

Mariam sighed “Fine but I also want to be kept in the loop with anything that has to do with Jason.”

“That is easy, I think he bought someone which is illegal and morally wrong.”

Koruna said indifferently and Margaret pressed on the brake out of shock.

“W..what?!” Margaret stammered.