Trying to Get Back to Normal

It has now been three weeks since Miranda's heart attack. She was feeling a lot better and her breathing was returning to normal. Ben, Tuck, and her took daily walks, and she was able to go a little further in distance every day. Her appetite had also returned to normal, but she had to change her diet drastically to include more fish, fruits. and vegetables.

The best part of her recovery was that she and Ben were talking and loving each other like normal
All but one thing. Sex. Her mind was telling her yes, but she still had some recovering to do. It was killing her because she really wanted her husband to make love to her.

No one except Richard. Catherine, Maggie and Amelia were aware that Miranda had a heart attack.  This is why on this day Maggie came to the house to give Miranda a checkup to see how she was coming along.   

She brought a portable EKG machine, and she was hooking Miranda up to it when Ben came in from his run.  While the machine was taking its readings Ben asked, 

"How does it look Maggie."    

Maggie smiled and said,

"Everything is looking great."  

The results from the EKG were coming through and she began reading the strip of paper.

"It actually looks really good."

Miranda and Ben smiled, and he walked over to her and kissed her on her forehead.   

"Now Bailey, I want you to continue walking like you have been take it further every day and add a bit of light cardio exercise to that."

"Um' would that light cardio include sex?"

Miranda asked bluntly.  Maggie turned beat red and Ben gasped. 

"Miranda"

Ben said embarrassed

"What? You're both doctors, and we are married. It's a normal question patients would ask their doctor."  

Ben shook his head and Maggie stuttered, 

"Umm..umm....no not quite yet..... that may be a bit much for you....um right now.  I would say another two weeks and we will see."

Miranda sucked her teeth and rolled her eyes.  

"Baby let's not rush your recovery okay.  Ben kissed her on the head again and said, 

"Hey um I am going to get showered, and we can celebrate later and have a picnic.  

He turned to Maggie and said

"Uh Thanks Maggie for everything."

Ben grabbed some clean clothes and walked to the bathroom and closed the door.  When Miranda heard the shower come on, she turned to Maggie and said,

"Hey um are you sure about two more weeks because you know I really do want to be with my husband."

"Bailey... Even though you're getting better, we don't want to overexert your heart.   Ben is right.  Just give it time."  

Miranda sighed.  She did not know how she was going tell her mind and her center to calm the hell down. Her husband has been looking very sexy lately since he has been working out getting his body ready to join the fire department full time.  

"Hey well since I can't engage in husband-and-wife sexual activities, the contest is coming up soon. Do you think I can work on my project while I am still recovering?  I mean I won't need to be at the hospital at this stage.  I will be just doing research and writing out my proposal."