A Rough Night

Miranda had been asleep for a couple hours and it was around 9:00 pm. Ben tried to get her up earlier, but she wouldn't. He knew she needed something on her stomach, so he brought a granola bar and a banana and set them by the bedside along with a bottle of water. Just in case she changed her mind.

He was in the living room reading his fire manual and afterward  he started reading emails and responding to them.  When  he had enough he went back to their room and saw that the food he left her were gone, and the bottle of water was half empty. He smiled because he was happy, she ate something.

Ben went over to her and checked her pulse, feeling that it was normal. He went into the bathroom and took a showe, got out and did his facial routine. Once he was done he found some pajamas in his dresser and put them one.

He quietly got in the bed and grabbed his laptop off the nightstand. He let some things go while Miranda was in the hospital, so he had to pay some bills. A while later he was asleep leaned against the headboard.

Miranda's eyes fluttered opened. She turned her head and saw her husband sleeping up right. She needed to go to the bathroom, but she wanted to do it on her own. She was tired of getting help from others.

She moved the covers off her and gently sat up. She carefully slid her legs off the bed and placed them on the floor standing up. Miranda slowly walked to the bathroom closing the door as to not let the light wake, Ben. She peed and after flushing the toilet, she washed her hands. She proceeded to walk back to the bed but all of a sudden, she felt dizzy. She held on to the wall trying to steady herself.

Miranda closed her eyes trying to balance herself and when she thought she was okay she let go and began to walk out again. She only took a couple of steps when she began to feel dizzy again and started to faint. She let out a loud yelp right before hitting the floor. Ben was awakened by the sound coming from his wife and he saw her fall

"Oh my God. Miranda."

Ben jumped out of the bed and was over by Miranda very quickly.

"Baby... baby"

Ben said while turning her over. She had fallen forward and was on her stomach on the area rug they had in front of the bed. He checked her head and did not see or feel any contusions He checked her pulse, and it was a little elevated.

"Wha...what happened"

Miranda said in a confused voice

"You fell"

"Huh"

Miranda talk to me did you hit your head

"I..I... don't think so"

Miranda said sluggishly

"What hurts"

"My chest"

"Oh my god"

Ben tore the top of her gown down the middle to see if she had injured her incision area. It was red but not bleeding.

"I'm taking you to the hospital"

"No....Ben I don't want to go to the hospital again."

He took a closer look at her chest. and took her pulse again.

"Baby I really think you should go to the hospital and get checked out"

"Noooooooo"

She whined

"Well at least let me call Maggie"

Miranda sighed and relented. Ben picked her up off the floor carried her to the bed laying her down against the headboard. He grabbed his phone and called Maggie