CHAPTER 4 - clocks.

we all stopped as max stopped looking at a blank wall at hawkins high. she was staring at something. maybe something we couldn't see but we could.

"it was right here." max said.

"what was?" i asked.

"the grandfather clock?" nancy asked.

*max nodded*

"it was so real." max said, "and then, when I got closer, suddenly I just... woke up."

"it was like she was in a trance or something." dustin said, "exactly what happened to chrissy."

"but that's not even the bad part," max said, walking with us back into the classroom, "fred and chrissy, they both came to miss kelly for help. uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that wouldn't go away. and then..."

*everyone started looking at each other*

"then the nightmares, trouble sleeping. they'd wake up in cold sweat. then they'd start seeing things. bad things, from their pasts. these visions, they just kept on getting worse and worse until eventually." max continued.

"til what?" i asked.

"everything ended." max said, "all I know is that, for fred and chrissy, they both died less than 24 hours after their first vision." max added, "and i just saw that goddamn clock. so looks like im gonna die tomorrow."

*everyone looked at each other. i grabbed steves arm*

there was a loud shatter. something or someone was outside.

"stay here." steve said, especially to me, kissing my forehead.

we walk out behind him, slowly. steve had a lamp in his hands ready to take someone or something out with it.

all of a sudden a boy came around the corner. it was lucas sinclair.

we all scream.

"it's me! it's me!" lucas shouted.

"lucas?" dustin asked, running towards him.

"it's me." lucas said.

"jesus, what is wrong with you?" steve asked, "i could've taken you out with this lamp!"

"sorry! sorry guys!" lucas said, "i- i was biking for eight miles."

*lucas pants*

"we've got a code red." he told us.

"what?" i said.

"dustin. ive been with jason, patrick and andy, and they've gone totally off the rails. theyre trying to capture eddie, and they think you know where he is. youre in terrible danger." lucas told us.

"all right. yeah, that definitely sucks, but we've got bigger problems than jason now." dustin replies.

*30 minutes later*

"no i don't buy it." steve said.

"straightforward my ass." dustin said.