Heaven's Arena Part 3

It was a few days after my break down, I refused to talk about it, I couldn't bring myself to. I was walking down the hall near Hisoka's rooms and froze when I saw two familiar heads of hair.

'Rukia... Kiyomi... Is it really you?'

They turned and spotted me, I moved and turned moving in the direction of my room.

"Ren!" Kiyomi's voice carried through the hall.

I heard the rapid footsteps and felt the arms around my waist. I swallowed hard, the tears threatening to fall again.

"Renny." Rukia whispered into my side and a tear slipped down my cheek, I closed my eyes tightly.

"Rukia, Kiyomi... I thought you were with Her..." I said softly and their arms tightened.

"We're sorry, Renney." They said. "We didn't know what we were doing. A-and when we realised we were already gone. Machi and Shalnark and Feitan got us away from them, we... we were trying to find you but we couldn't... A-and we wanted to say we didn't mean to make you sad."

Kiyomi buried her face into my side and I could feel the tears.

"Kiyo... Ruki..."

I looked at Machi and she smiled slightly.

"They missed you and I believe your brother Kenta. Kiyomi never let go of the locket even when the woman broke the chain. She insisted on making a bracelet of it. Rukia still has hers, the bracelet has been well taken care of, Shal, Fei and I see them looking at them everyday." Machi said and I looked down at them.

Both had a bracelet on their wrists, Rukia's on her left, Kiyomi's on her right. I looked at the locket design and knew it was the same, the red, blue and green gems lining the outside with a diamond close to the latch. Kenta and I picked them out when we could afford them, inside were pictures two that we took: one when they were four and one a week before they left, before they started to doubt.

"I'll leave them with you, I'll be telling Fei and Shal that they found you." Machi said and I nodded slightly.

"Y-yeah. Thank you for taking care of them. It means a lot despite how I initially reacted..."

Machi only nodded and bid the twins goodbye, mentioning that they should at least call and check up if they want, Feitan and Shalnark would like to hear from them. The twins nodded to Machi and she left. I led them to my rooms and they sat on the bed.

"Would you like me to get Kenta, Rukia?" I asked and she nodded.

"Please?"

I could tell that she missed Kenta, he was the first one she talked to as a child. He was the one that basically showered her in gifts as well. I left the room and slid the door closed.

~Rukia's point of view~

"I missed them... didn't you Kia?" Kiyomi asked.

"Uh-huh. She was a manipulator, wasn't she, Yomi?"

The woman that had tried to get us to call her Mother. Machi, Fei and Shal had said she was a Manipulator like Shal. That was how she got us to leave Renny and Kenny. I was glad she was gone now, now she couldn't use us to hurt them again.

"Yeah, Shal said so, you know he wasn't lying, Machi and Fei even agreed on the fact."

"I miss Kenny..."

"Yeah, I miss Kenny too."

I looked up at the door and saw Renny with Kenny behind her.