𝟶𝟷𝟷.

⊱ ──────ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ────── ⊰ 

Y/N ACTUALLY CHEERED TO HERSELF as she walked out of her general business studies lecture hall. She had submitted the essay (it had only taken her a couple additional hours the day before) and Professor Chin had congratulated her enthusiastically.

Finally, that weight was off her back. She whipped out her phone, knowing that she and Rintarou both had a brief break around then before their afternoon classes (today Y/N had four classes and he had three, so both were fairly busy), and texted him asking to meet up at one of Hyodai's campus eating facilities. He messaged back instantly with an eyeroll emoji, the words 'hurry up and get here loser', and a picture of a table with an empty chair.

She laughed aloud. He seriously knew her too well. It only took her a couple of minutes to leg it over to where she knew he'd be, dropping into the chair across from him at the table he'd photographed.

"I was hoping you wouldn't show up. I was going to get a free dessert if I acted sad enough about getting stood up by you."

"Shut up, Rin. You're awful."

"Thanks, I try."

Rintarou smirked. Y/N rolled her eyes and smiled back.

He slid a plate with some delicious looking roll on it across to her, picking up his own sandwich and gesticulating vaguely, some of the lettuce falling out. "So, tell me what's been going on with your living situation."

She gladly obliged, stories of the week–and–a–bit that she'd spent at Osamu's spilling out easily. There was much to tell of – how kind he'd been the whole time, how easily they interacted, and the fun they had almost every day simply in each others' presence.

"And yesterday – well, two days ago – we were doing the taste test challenge, and it was absolutely hilarious how many he messed up, but you know ..."

"Oh, don't tell me you're falling in love with him."

Rintarou had meant it as a joke, but Y/N, who had taken a break from her near constant chatter to sneak a bite of her lunch, choked violently, coughing and dropping her wrap, fumbling for her water bottle.

"Holy shit." He stared at her. "You are in love with him."

"Shut the fuck up!" Mortally embarrassed, and still partially choking, she slapped him across the table. Perhaps harder than she meant to, given his impulsive groan. "It's not that. I mean, objectively, conventionally, sure, he's attractive, but that's not really ..."

She trailed off, scowling when she saw that her words had little to no effect.

"You could at least believe me."

He shrugged, hand still pressed to his forearm where she'd made contact. "Well, if I don't, that's that. And, really, it's fine, I don't really care if you like Osamu or not. I bet he'll be glad about it, though."