The Game is On!!

The rest of the day passed in uneventful pleasantness. After John returned with their tea, they sipped it while discussing their new relationship and how to break the news to everyone. Finally they decided that it was best to just let it come out as it will. Those who were close to them would no doubt be supportive and they agreed that the rest could just sod off.

Around lunchtime, Dr. Hawthorne returned to give Sherlock another once-over and to get some more blood samples. He remarked that he was pleased with the last results and if these were just as good, he was more than willing to discharge Sherlock that evening so he could be home just in time for dinner. John and Sherlock exchanged smiles at the news, neither of them willing to wait longer than necessary to get back home and start the new chapter in their lives together. Sherlock even called Mrs. Hudson to give her the news and the joy was clear in her voice, although she hurried him off the phone so she could start making a celebratory meal. Once that was done, they relaxed together in the tiny hospital bed, their hands intertwined and discussed further the upcoming changes for them, which started with Sherlock insisting that John move into his bedroom at once. After spending one blissful night sleeping next to John, he didn't think he could sleep again without him. John heartily agreed, but also had an idea of his own.

"How about we turn my old bedroom into a makeshift lab of sorts? That way you can do all your experiments without intrusion." Sherlock's eyes lit up like Christmas.

"Really? You'd let me do that?"

"I don't see why not. I'll even shop around for a used refrigerator so that you can store your, um, 'supplies'." John chuckled. "Besides, don't think I'm doing it just for you. I can't wait to be able to go into the fridge and not have to reach around a severed head or a bin full of toes for the milk!"

Sherlock laughed. "I suppose it has been an inconvenience for you but you've been absolutely wonderful about it."

"I know your work is important to you Sherlock, and it's become important to me too."

"But it's not as important to me as you've become John. Doesn't even come close." Sherlock replied. He leaned closer and pressed his lips gently to John's. John responded by pulling Sherlock closer and moaning softly and it set Sherlock's blood on fire. All the innocent kissing they had done had been a prelude to this. He gently pinched John's nipple between his thumb and forefinger and felt him clutch his hair with both hands as his body arched agonizingly into his groin. It was driving Sherlock mad.

John's breath caught as Sherlock brushed the sensitive spot between his shoulder blades, then smoothed his fingers down to curve over his bum. He reversed the course. Up. Down. Up. Down. The unhurried pace drove him insane. He had been secretly worried how he would react to intimacy with another man, because it was something he had never considered before, and he didn't want Sherlock to misinterpret his hesitation as unwillingness. But now that he was here, in Sherlock's arms, all his worry flew from his mind and was replaced with a mixture of serenity and wanting. His uncertainty about his performance when he was with a woman wasn't even an issue now. He didn't even think about what he was doing, he just felt. He felt Sherlock's strong fingers play across his skin as skillfully as he plays his violin, and he felt like singing just as sweetly.

John's mind was awhirl as he smoothed the muscles of Sherlock's shoulders. He made a small sound of pleasure and he bent down to nuzzle his neck. He pressed his hands down his chest and over his ribcage. Sherlock immediately sat up and pulled the t-shirt over his head, and John repeated the movement over his bare flesh.

"John...." Sherlock whispered.

"I know." Clinging to his shoulders he lifted his head to kiss him once again. His kiss echoed the unhurried sensuality of their movements, their lips molding to each other. Sherlock trembled as John caressed his sensitive lower lip with his tongue. They barely moved, half sitting, half reclining. Passion smoldered, creeping higher a degree at a time, toward the breaking point. Sherlock swept both hands up John's back to clutch his shoulders, his thumbs caressing the delicate hollows of his collarbone. John broke the kiss to boldly graze his teeth down Sherlock's neck. Sherlock groaned, the sound rumbling deep in his chest. Desperate hands cupped John's face, tilting it so that he was looking up at him.