Prologue

Once upon a time, in a land from the distant past, there was a small village full of happy people. They were farmers, and though they were poor in the materials they possessed, they were wise and had everything they needed to live off the land.

The village was known for growing all sorts of vegetables and fruits, but the one thing it grew in abundance was flowers. There were roses, poppies, perennials, and every flower of every variety. Which naturally drew in all sorts of insects. At night the crickets would sing alongside the cicadas, and during the day, bees would hum and buzz as they made their way from each plant.

However, the villagers didn't realize that they were being watched.

There were minds smaller, yet vastly more clever than theirs, watching...planning...waiting.

As he watched the villagers with his big round eyes, Mist was already setting in motion the plans for their eradication. They were in his way. That was the only reason he wanted them gone...through any means necessary. But being that he was just a mantis and the humans were much larger creatures than himself, he had to think very hard about how he would bring about their destruction. Then he had it: the "Butterfly Effect". Mist smiled, rubbing his clawed forelegs together.

The Spider and the ButterflyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara