Chapter Two.

I got into the suit at six fourty and hopped into my car. My dorm was pretty much already unpacked, my bed had my various blanket and like three pillows- don't ask. I'm single, I'm touch starved and hugging pillows is nice.
Inputting the pincode I'd memorized to the Blight manors gate, the heavy steel slowly pulls open. The Blight's though being rich.. didn't flaunt the fact they had a lot of money, the grounds up to the manor was just blank, green grass. Then at the front lay roses, carnations in pots and vine flowers that wrapped up the front of the large house.. they were obviously untouched because of how wild they've grown in three years.

Parking in the driveway loop I hop out of my car, checking my watch I see I'm ten minutes early. Knocking on the mahogany double wide French doors I wait slightly patient, rocking on my heels.
The door opens just when I was thinking I should knock again, revealing Alador, Amity's.. father. He ushers me inside, pointing down the hallway to where the dining room is. Walking into the set up room, my eyes guide to the full bookcases of receipe books. An embrace surrounds me, I find it to be Odalia. "Lovely to see you back in Connecticut Luz, I can not explain enough how much the family has missed you."

I rub the back of my neck and chuckle, my body feeling all warm and fuzzy to Odalia's new personality. Toying with the collar of my suit she murmurs with a smile "I..I enjoy that you're comfortable with yourself. I know I probably sound like your mother but, seeing you as this fit nonbinary really shows how happy you are."
I suddenly laugh, she really does sound like mom "you're right, you sound like her so bad right now Odalia-"

I turn my head to the doorway when the click of heels enters the room, my. Heart. Stops.
I try to find a way to say any sentence to compliment Amity in a platonic way but my lips won't open, the dress she's wearing is a rich sapphire, lace patterns on the torso, a black choker with a white garnet- a family heirloom she once hated- and black closed toe heels. I've been staring for too long I think to myself, but my eyes won't listen. I cough in a painful manner and turn my head finally, I can feel Odalia's smile.

By God's saving grace my family walks in, Vee is in a dark spruce turquoise suit with a cream dress shirt, Eda has.. retired her tweed? But she's wearing a suit that perfectly resembles it. Mom is in a fall colored strapless dress that fades from scarlet to plum, Odalia is immediately encapsed in it. "Camilla darling! I love your dress! You have got to tell me where you bought it, it is absolutely exquisite!"

I breathe in a full breath finally, the hypnotic spell Amity's dress had on me wore off, now that I see her laughing, smiling.. I just think about how lucky I am to be her friend.
We approach each other at the same time, my hands hold up her arms at the elbows as I look at her top to bottom. "you look amazing Amity.. I am truly lucky to be your friend." Something in her face stiffens after I said friend, but a moment later she composes.
"You don't look bad yourself.. I was sure mom got your dimensions wrong but, it fits you like a ring on a finger." I playfully snap out my collar then flatten it back, it feels and looks great so I didn't want to wrinkle it. "Mom seems to really like you.. I thought she'd be all cold to you in particular." Amity mumbles, I smile as if to agree.

Sitting down at the table where Odalia tells me I slowly watch the chairs fill, maids file in with plates and hand out the prepared dishes. Looking up at maid who has a.. oh.. that's.. uh- that's old wow. A sixty year old bottle of crimson red wine. I look at mom who doesn't seem to have any oppositions, "just a little, please. I'm not that much of a drinker." I say when the maid asks me if I want some, taking the fabric napkin I set it on my lap.
Forks clatter on the porcelain dishes, Odalia clears her throat to say something "so, Camilla. Your contributions to my project last week really helped- thank you for that." Alador perks up from his silent reverie "why yes, you were an immense help!"
I lean to Amity with a raised eyebrow, she silently giggles then whispers discreetly "Camilla helped mom the other day with a line of prosthetics for animals, mom couldn't understand the anatomy of a cat or dog so.. she called Camilla since she's a veterinarian."