chapter 8

(All typeo's fixed, hopefully.)

It was the day of the big game- Eddie's campaign! Oh, and also the basketball game. 

Walking into the cafeteria, I saw the cheerleaders seating at our table- Eddie and his friends sitting at their table and the basketball team sitting at theirs. Jason was sitting at the head of his table- stealing glances at Chrissy, who was gushing about her date with Billy to the other girls. I smiled when I saw Chrissy biting into an apple slice. She was getting better with eating and not puking after every meal. However she wasn't completely cured, she would have her moments of not eating anything for days until she stuffed her face and threw it up right away. 

Walking over to Chrissy and the girls I sat my lunch down next to her. Looking up when I heard a whistle, my eyes landed on Eddie who was smirking, winking at me- I winked back and turned to the girls. "He got me a signed copy!" Abby gushed as she held her copy of the Hobbit to her chest. Gareth had gone to Indianapolis for a family event when he saw that the author of the Hobbit was in the city. Going to his book signing, he asked him to sign the book to his girlfriend. This morning she was crying when he handed it to her, getting snot all over her upper lip- but Gareth only smiled lovingly at her and wiped her face clean. 

"So how was the date?" I asked Chrissy as the conversation turned. She blushed and couldn't stop the smile tugging on her lips. "It was amazing!" Chrissy sighed as she leaned on her elbows on the table- resting her chin in her hands. "Billy is just… the best. And Max was so sweet when we hung out at his place." I chuckled and ate my lunch. She was happy, for the first time all this year- she was really happy. 

After lunch, Abby and Tina headed their way to class while Chrissy and I headed to ours. However, a pair of arms snaked their way around my waist- causing me to jump and let out a small scream. Covering my mouth with my hands- I sighed when I felt the person behind me smiling against my neck. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a mop of brown curls blocking my left eye sight. Giggles escaped my lips as I squeezed Eddie's hand. "Hey, handsome." Turning around in his arms I pecked his lips. "Hmm, stop, you're making me blush." Eddie smirked, chasing after my lips for another kiss. I gave him one and slowly pushed him away when I heard Chrissy clear her throat. Blushing, I turned back over to her and gently nudged Eddie- who was busy trying to leave hickies on my neck. 

Nudging him again, he groans and looks at me, offended I would dare push him away - that is until he sees where I'm pointing and blushes when he sees Chrissy. 

"Oh shit, sorry Chrissy." He chuckled. Chrissy smiled and waved her hand at us. "Don't be. You guys are really cute together!" She smiled, I smiled back and was about to continue to class when Chrissy blocked our path. "Um, Chrissy? Are you good?" Eddie asked, the blonde looked up at us and gently grabbed mine hands in hers. "I was wondering if you had anything?" Chrissy asked Eddie. Her voice just below a whisper. The both of us raised a brow in confusion before it actually clicked in our heads. 

Chrissy Cunningham wanted to buy drugs. 

"Um…" Eddie spoke, or tried too but was at a loss for words. He looked over to me to see if it was okay. I sighed. I didn't like that he sold drugs- but I didn't mind that he took them. He had to make money somehow and who was the judge? I was lucky, not in the good sense, to have money at my disposal. "Um- we'll go to the place after this class okay?" I hummed, reaching out to her arm and smoothing down her cardigan. She smiles, but this time it was filled with nervousness. Kissing Eddie goodbye Chrissy and I headed to class. During the lecture Chrissy had asked to go to the bathroom. I sighed hoping she wasn't doing what I thought she was doing. 

The chirping of birds and the nice little breeze was nice. Waiting on the old picnic table was not as nice, not with the old chipping wood poking my butt. Chrissy and I had agreed to ditch our last class, just to make sure she did well with the weed. I remember the first time I smoked pot, Eddie told me that I wouldn't stop crying because I thought he was leaving me for the tooth fairy… how'd all that unfolded? Couldn't tell you. "What's taking him so long?" I groaned as I leaned back resting my weight on my hands. Waiting for a response from Chrissy and not getting one, I looked over to see her staring at a tree. She looked scared… as she was backing away I stood up and jumped off the table. "Chrissy?" I called out to her, just as Eddie came up behind her. "Ah!" She screamed. I placed my hands on her shoulders- as Eddie held out his hands. "Woah! Hey- it's just me." He said, looking between Chrissy and I. "Everything okay?" He asked, I shrugged my shoulders silently telling him I was just as confused as he was.