What a bright time! It's the right time ... Oh!

It is now almost the end of term and everybody around the whole campus is far more than happy because they passed the exams. Even Misaki was a bit more cheerful and less stressed out during this time. Mr. Wilson and Jack has gone back to England to enjoy the holiday season in their home country.

 But it is also almost Christmas, which is not a holiday for couples and yet people are desperately trying to find a date. It is the season of joy, warmth, forgiveness and huge, mouth-watering meals with family.

 Lately, Mia's been knitting a scarf, it is of the most beautiful baby blue you've ever seen. She knit it with extra care and extra passion causing the boys around the school eyes her in desire. Everyone wants to be the owner of that scarf. Though it's true that Mia is very firm and scares the boys a lot with her dark humor and sarcasm while telling them off, it has become clear that most boys have a crush on this girl. They all thought she was off-beat cute and would kill to receive that blue scarf. Some even gathered the guts to ask her who is the scarf for, every they asked that, Mia replied with the best straight face she has.

 "Myself."

 One cannot believe how much hope she crushed with that one answer. But of course, some people knows that Mia is not knitting a scarf for herself. Annie knows that if her sister was making something for herself, she would do it with less care. But this, the girl spends hours and hours knitting it, then pulled it out again because it wasn't straight while her sister does the dishes reluctantly. Misaki knows that it is to be given to a special person as she looked at Mia when she knit, the brunette eyed the scarf so lovingly, not her usual expression.

 The reason the girl started knitting this Christmas present for that special someone was probably from the letter she received not long ago, from her mother. It was an ordinary winter afternoon, Mia was looking at some samples in the microscope when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Turning around, she saw her guardian standing there, extending an old envelope to her.

 "Your mother wants to give you this on Christmas this year. I found it in her old work folders."

 Confused, Mia reached for the envelope and ran home right away to read it. She carefully opened the seal and pulled out a piece of paper. Unfolding it, she was greeted by her mother's neat hand-writing.

 Hello my dear Amelia,

 When you're reading this, you're probably 17. How do I know that? Because for me, that's when I met your father.

 I still remember that time when I just moved to England a few months as a Japanese exchange student. Everything was different in England, it was foggy and rainy when I came. Schooling system is also different and I was having lots of trouble fitting in because there's really not a lot of Asian in this school. No, people were not racist, it's just psychologically harder for me to strike up a conversation with a blonde girl.

 But then one night, I went to buy a few stuffs from a convenient store quite far away from where I lived. On the way home, my bag ripped and everything (even embarrassing hygiene items) fell on the road. Letting out a big sign, I bent down to pick them up when I see a pair of hands helping me pick them up. I looked up to see this really (REALLY) cute guy in front of me with brown hair and blue eyes.

 "Let me help you with that!" he said with a smooth, velvet voice as he took off his jacket and started using it as a pouch for all the stuffs I bought. He then walked me home, carrying the jacket-pouch for me.

 Urgh! I was so awkward and shy.

 After that night, we started talking more. Turns out, he was in the same school as me, he said he's been noticing me from a distance but never got the courage to say hi. Can't believe your father is that timid huh? Well believe it! Eventually he confessed to me and I accepted his feelings. We went to prom together and magically go to the same university. He was more into Physics while I chose Chemistry. See the resemblance between him and yourself?