Chapter 11

Stef's POV

I heard birds chirping and I opened my eyes. I was still in the hospital. I rolled over and picked up my phone. It was 8:16AM.
I locked my phone again, then realized something. It was Monday.

I was getting out of the hospital today. Tomorrow would be my first day back to work.

"Good morning my love!" Lena sang from the door way. "Do you know what today is??" She asked.

"Of course I do! It's the day I get out of here and get to come home to you!" I smiled as she approached me and kissed me on the lips.

"Your mom is coming in a little while to sign some papers. They need a second signature along with yours. I have clothes for you here." She held up a bag that I assumed had my clothes in it.

"Thank you angel!" I replied.

She smiled and sat at my bedside.

"Wait." I continued. "Didn't they say they were letting me go in the afternoon?"

"They did." She nodded. "But I talked to them this morning and they said you're looking good and they're gonna be able to let you go by noon."

I couldn't help but smile. This was great news.

"And right when you get out of here, we are going out to lunch on me." She continued.

"You're driving, yes? My ribs just might not be ready for it yet."

"Stef." Her eyes widened. "Did you not tell them about the pains you were having??!!" She was angry, and I could tell.

"No, Lena, I didn't. They said I was all bruised up so I figured it was just that. It's really not a big deal my love." I took her hand and tried to calm her down, but she immediately removed her hand from mine.

"Yes it is! You need to tell them, because if you don't, I will."

Just then, my mom walked through the doors.

"Good morning ladies! I just signed the discharge papers! You're good to go hun!" She said, kissing me on the cheek.

Lena gave me a look. I knew she wanted me to at least tell my mom about the pains, but if I told her she'd freak and tell the doctors. Then I'd never get back to work.

I started to get up and ignored the pains still going on in my rib area.

I got dressed into the clothes that Lena brought me, brushed my teeth, and we were on our way.

Lena and I went to lunch afterwards, and then back to our apartment building.

"Just the way I left it." I said as the two of us walked into my apartment.

I placed all of my things down in my bedroom and she followed me in. I sat on edge of the bed with my legs over the side, and Lena immediately straddled me and began kissing me passionately.

"Wow, you don't waste any time." I laughed.

"Well, I said you could pleasure me, didn't I?"

I smiled and threw her the other way on the bed so I would be on top. I unbuttoned her pants and started to pull them down to her thighs.

Suddenly, a sharp pain rushed through my chest.

I must've cringed a lot, because Lena sat up sat up and put her hands on my hips.

"Are you ok? What's wrong?!" She screamed.

"Nothing baby, it's nothing. I must've just twisted something the wrong way." I kissed her lips and laid her back down.

I put my fingers inside her panties and teased her for a little while, until the pain came again.

This time, the pain caused me to make a noise of distress.

"Stef, really?" She said, sitting up again. "You're obviously not ok. Maybe I should just leave." She started to get off of the bed and put her pants back on. "Especially if you refuse to tell anyone what's going on." She continued.

"No, love don't leave, it's not like that." I assured her.

"Not like what? Not like you're clearly in a lot of pain? Not like you refuse to tell anyone? Not like this is gonna back fire sooner or later? Yeah, it's definitely not like that." She said sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"What is up with you? Can't I make my own decisions?" I stood up and followed her out of my bedroom.

"You know what, you can now Stef. Because I'm done fighting about this. I'm leaving." She said, turning for the front door.

"This is not productive, Lena. We don't walk away from each other."

She didn't respond. She slammed the door in my face.

She walked away. Just like we said we were never going to do.

That night, I got into bed thinking about Lena...about what had happened earlier. I started to cry. I shouldn't have let her leave.

Maybe she was right.

Maybe this was going to backfire on me.

AN: Sorry that was shorter than most of my other chapters:( it's cuz I have big plans for the next chapter which will be the last. Comment what you thought of this one and stay tuned for the last chapter!:)