Chapter 10

Lena's POV

I woke up the next morning to a call from Stef. It was a beautiful way to wake up.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Good morning, love! How did you sleep?" She asked, cheerfully. It amazed me how happy and optimistic she could be while lying in a hospital bed hooked up to tubes and machines of all different kinds.

"I slept ok, but more importantly how did YOU sleep? Probably not so good in that hospital bed."

"It was ok." She replied. "I got at least four hours."

"Oh, Stef four hours?? I'm sure you'll be falling asleep all day today." I laughed.

"Not if you're here. I'll stay up until all hours to look at you, Lena."

I blushed holding the phone. She made me feel so special.

"So," I continued. "Do you need me to bring you anything?"

"That's why I called." She answered. "Do you know when you'll be over today?"

"Well, it's 10 o'clock now, so probably around noon?" I replied, looking at the clock.

"Would you mind bringing me my toothbrush and toothpaste, shampoo, and a hair brush? You know, just essentials."

"Of I wouldn't mind babe." I smiled.

"I'll give you the code to my apartment." She said. Stef had a key pad lock installed outside her apartment when she became a police officer. Police protocol I guess, incase of emergency.

"Are you sure?" I asked, hesitant to take it. "Isn't that just for your captain?"

"I trust you, love. And I can change it too if you decide you want to tell the whole world!" She laughed sarcastically. "I'll text it to you."

"Ok, sounds good. See you soon, Stef."

"Bye my love."

I hung up the phone and went downstairs to make breakfast.

------------------

At around 11:45, I entered Stef's apartment using the code she had texted me a little earlier.

I went to her bathroom, grabbed a bunch of essentials, and placed them in a bag I had brought along with me.

When I was done, I locked her door, walked to the parking lot, and hopped in my car. I decided while I was driving to the hospital that I would stop at the florist and buy my girlfriend a bouquet of roses.

I peeked into her room before going in, to make sure that there was no one in there. There she was in her bed sleeping, just as I had predicted earlier. Some sitcom was playing on her TV.

I put my purse and the bag of things I brought for her on a chair, keeping the flowers in my hand. I turned the TV off and kissed Stef on the lips to wake her up.

When I started to pull away because she was waking up, she put her hand on the back of my head and pulled me close again for another kiss.

"How are you?" She asked once we were done kissing.

"I'm good. Stef, I got you these flowers. I love you." I smiled at her.

"Oh baby you are so sweet." She said taking the flowers. "I love you too." She reached her head up and kissed my cheek.

I blushed and she took the flowers.

"Have you talked to your Captain yet?" I asked. This question clearly put a damper on her mood.