Gestures

Gestures are important if you want to read someone. Your arms and hand movements/placements are very important.

If your meeting someone for the first time and they have their arms crossed when they are talking to you, this means they have a Barrier around them to make them feel more safe.

If someone is telling a story, you can tell if they are telling the truth from their gestures, if their palms are out and they are moving their hands around open this means that are most likely telling the truth.

If someone is keeping their hands/arms very close to them this is a sign of discomfort. If someone is sat down at a table and they have their arms under the table this means they are not comfortable with the people around them but if your arms are out and not close to your body this means that your engaged and comfortable, the closer your arms and hands are to your body the less comfortable you are around the people near you.

So if you want to make people comfortable around you and you want them to know you are engaged in what they are saying, move your arms and hands more forward than really close to your body, it will not only make them feel more at ease, but you also.

If someone who you are talking to you is constantly touching their face, this means they are uncomfortable and most likely feel intimidated by you or they are just anxious/nervous.

Pay attention to peoples thumbs, if their thumb is tucked into their hand, this means they are not very outgoing around you and not too comfortable.

If someone is always fidgeting around you like as an example adjusting where they are sat in their chair/ moving their arms and legs around or playing with their fingers, this is a sign of anxiousness and they have something on their mind or they are scared by you.