Chapter 5; What The Shit Do I Do With All My Emotions

Dan Howell POV:

My heart beats in my chest. Alex? Phil? Alex? Phil?

I have been contemplating who I love more, as in who I would rather spend the rest of my life with. Alex and I have been through so much, but so have Phil and I. Ugh! I put my head in my pillow and muffle a scream.

I can't be falling for my best friend.

All the times we shared run through my head. From the first time we met, until yesterday when he poked my nose, I couldn't help but smile and blush.

I then have a knock on my door. "Dan. You awake?" Phil's voice rings in my ears. I smirk. He wants me to snuggle him.

"I am now." I bluff, not telling him about any of my thoughts. If he could read my mind I would be so screwed.

"I'm coming in." The door creaks open, revealing Phil peering through the door.

Phil Lester POV:

I open the door, myself peering through it to see Dan laying in his bed with his currly hobbit hair. I smirked, then walked in.

"So, what brings you here?" Dan says, then does that cute laugh of his.

"Nightmare. One where you leave..." I look at the ground. I didn't really have a nightmare. I was surrounded by my thoughts earlier.

"Philip, I know this is awkward, but a few nights ago you said you loved me. Were you sleepwalking or something?" Dan's voice ringed in my ears. I do want to lie to him, but another part screams out for me to tell him the truth.

"Oh, that...Well...um..." I blushed profoundly, my cheeks becoming more pink.

"Phil, you can tell me anything." Dan looked at me, a serious expression on his face.

"Okay fine. I'll tell you. Eversincewefirstmetinreallifeivehadacrushonyou." I rush through my words, then look at the floor again.

"Could you say that a little bit slower?" Dan looked at me patiently, his chocolate eyes staring into my blue ocean eyes.

"Ever. Since. I've. Met. You. In. Real. Life. I've. Had. A. Crush. On. You." I then sigh, then sit on the bed. "Also, every day since we have moved in together, I've talked to you about my feelings and thoughts while you were sleeping."

I already know what he's going to say. He doesn't like me. He likes Alex. They are going to marry and be happy for the rest of their lives.

Dan leans closer to me. My heartbeat becomes faster. I lean in and kiss him, then quickly pull away. "I'm..I'm sorry." I start to walk away, but Dan grabs my arm.

"Listen, I like you, but I also still like Alex. Just...give me some time to think about it okay?" My eyes widen. Dan fances ME?!?!

"Okay Dan. Kiss me and see if you feel anything, anything at all." I lean towards Dan, and he kisses me gently, then pecks my lips as he pulls away.

"So?" I look at him curiously, hoping he feels the fireworks I do.

"Fireworks." He smiled wider than I've ever seen him. I peck his lips, then climb into the duvet.

"You are adorable." I looked at him as he put his arms around me, making me the little spoon.

"Not as adorable as you. Let's get some rest." And with that, Dan started to snore. I snuggle up closer to him, then fell asleep in my crushes arms.