Chapter 4; Proposals Will Be The Death Of You

Dan Howell POV:

It's been a week since Phil's breakdown, and ever since that day he's been silent except when he needs something or we film a video together. Who knows what's going through my best friend's head right now. Feelings? Towards someone? Possibly ME?

"Dan, can you please grab my charger for the laptop?" He yells across the hallway, interrupting my thoughts.

"Sure thing your majesty." I close and slide the nice, refreshing, burning laptop off my lap, then grab his charger lying right by my bedside. We always have something of the other lying around in the bedrooms. Is that another sock? Phil.

I walk down the hallway and knock on his door. "Come in." His voice is raspy. Has he been crying? Stop worrying. He would tell you if something was up, right? I look at himself surrounded by his duvet thrown over his head, wrapped around his entire body. I'll admit, it is adorable, but my feelings for Alex are stronger.

"Dan, are you okay? You were starting at me." His raspy voice rings in my ears, his blue eyes staring at me with curiosity.

"Yeah. Just thinking about the whole proposal to Alex situation."

I lied. I was admiring Phil, I suppose. I then remembered the dreaded word I said. Proposal. How was I to propose to someone I love? I wanted it to be perfect and magical.

"Oh...well, can you hand me the charger? I'm working on something for you guys." He looked at the charger in my hand. I plugged it into the power outlet and held out the other end for him, following in suit.

"Something for the proposal?" I look at him, myself filling with some joy.

Phil Lester POV:

His eyes filled with joy at the mention of his soon to be fiance. I really want him to be happy, but I'm still await the inevitable. He'll leave you Phil. He'll forget about you. One day you'll pass one another and he'll not remember your name. Why don't you disappear fag? No one will love you. The thought swirls around my head as he looks at me.

"Phil? You okay? You spaced out for a moment." Dan walked closer to me, worry through his face for a split second, then reverting to a smile.

"Yah...Video..." I jesture back to the video. It shows Dan and

Alex since they have been little. I rendered the pictures to float across the screen one after the other, along with some footage showing both of them laughing and smiling. Soon it fades to black, then white flower petals with the text, "Will you marry me Alex?"

"Wow Phil, I can't thank you enough. This is perfect. Thank you so much!" He hugs me, myself uttering a "umpf" as he tackles me onto the bed, himself laying on top of me. We both looked at each other, his eyes gazing into mine. We smiled. I resisted the urge to kiss him. I poked his nose. "No problem. I'd do anything for you." He smiled wide, slight color flushing in his cheeks. Dan then awkwardly gets off of me, then walks out the door without saying a word. Weird. It was almost as if...as if he was afraid of something.