Chapter 1; I Miss You

Dan Howell POV:

Hi...

Hi, my name is Dan.

I sigh as I look at the computer screen watching some YouTubers. The usernames flash by. From Shane Dawson to Smosh, they all flew by.

How will people notice me when there are people like this? I sigh again as I get a glimpse of my camera, it lay on its side in the corner of the room, left untouched.

I always thought of myself as another "loser" who would just aimlessly sit through life. I guess that all started when I was younger. I was born in southwest England in Berkshire. I lived in a pretty crappy house with my mum who graduated in philosophy and my dad who was a dj. School wasn't all sunshine and rainbows, and I eventually gave up on my own dreams and stuck with their expectations.

I look over at my law books that my mom bought for me. What am I doing with my life?

A sudden buzz of my phone snaps me out of my daze.

1 New TEXT MESSAGE from Alex

Yo, you busy? Let's go out to a party or something. -Alex C:

I smile as I look at the phone. Alex. A good friend of mine. We have been friends since the 6th grade. She always could make me smile.

I grab my phone and shoot her a quick text.

\(^_^)/ Party! Where at? -Dan-o-saur

It pings, the only other sound of human-connection I have at the moment.

Over at Drake's house. Meet me there around 9:30 PM. -Alex C:

I glanced at the clock. It was 8:30 PM. Time flies by I guess.

Kay. See you soon. -Dan-o-saur

I click my phone off and continue scrolling through YouTube. A new face and username pops up on the screen.

AmazingPhil.

"Hello, my name is Phil and welcome to my video blog." My speaker blares. Man, he sure is cute.

Before you know it I've watched all of his videos uploaded so far. Maybe I should message him...

I then look at the clock. 9:10 PM. Fuck. I have to go. I quickly change into a Muse T-shirt I made myself and some jeans lying on the floor.

Well, heres to another party.

A.N: (Eyo its Chelsie here) I suggest you listen to the song I Miss You by Blink-182 because the title unintentionally got that song stuck in my head as I was reading through it. Emma wrote just about everything in this chapter so I'd like to credit her, but you'll see some of my wrting in the next chapter (Yay! Philip's point of view.) Just to clear any confusion, this chapter is taking place in the early 2009 era, when they first met; the next chapter will be taking place in present day! Very very very excited to write that.

Happy Reading! Any time-errors, spelling errors, or British-slang errors (if there is any...), or to simply tell us how you felt about the book, feel free to let us know down in the comments! Vote if you wish to let us know someone enjoyed our book. See you next chapter!