Chapter Fourteen

hi guys :) firstly, we're both sorry we're updating like on sundays now (sunday for us at least) but thank you all for waiting and still reading and stuff :) also, we'll try our best to update once a week but we think you should know that it's not going to be a guaranteed thing this year :x you've all been really nice about this and you don't rush us so thanks :) a lot. really..but we'll try not to take too long, hahaha.

so yeah, we hope this is a good chapter and hope you like it! :D

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

Louis opens his front door and reaches out for the papers, delivered straight to his doorstep. He takes them inside and sits down at the coffee table, sipping on his tea and wondering what's on the cover of it, or what's made the headlines. He has to admit it feels a lot better that his name isn't mentioned in the news once every fortnight anymore. Now it's always about Obama or the Queen or something boring like that, and he doesn't have to sigh and read about what the press made up about his latest escapade to that new club.

Cup in his left hand, he flattens out the newspaper on the coffee table with his right hand, ready to flip until the bold headline catches his eye. He very nearly spits out his mouthful of tea.

LOUIS TOMLINSON SPENDS DAY AT THE BEACH WITH LOVER?

His eyes widen and he begins scanning through the article. He catches certain words like "playboy" and "gay?" and they just make him even angrier than he already is.

On the right of the article is a picture of him and Harry. Harry's running with his kite, his back to the camera (thank goodness) and Louis is standing at the side, laughing at him. This picture would have been cute if it weren't being used as evidence to their "scandalous" affair.

Louis slams his nearly empty cup on the table. He and Harry aren't anything near scandalous, because it's just love, and Louis gets more and more annoyed as he reads the article. It mentions the source's description of Harry (young, boyish features) and where the pair of them was spotted and who would have thought that the UK's biggest playboy would turn out gay.

Louis wants to curse the photographer and the editor and everyone who was involved in the publishing of this article. He wants them to apologise for their ignorance and stupidity. Who the fuck are these people to tell everyone, to tell Harry, that Louis doesn't really love him?

He really wants to punch a hole in his wall. He does love Harry, more than he has loved anyone before. He doesn't really care about what the whole country thinks of him, but he doesn't want people to put Harry through any shit just because he's dating the biggest jerk alive. Harry's too good for that, too good for him.

Louis prays that Harry doesn't get the papers. Maybe he thinks reading his textbooks is enough reading, then he won't see this obnoxious article and he won't believe any of this bullshit and they'll live happily ever after. And then Louis won't ever think of what could possibly happen to them, won't think about Harry getting tired of him.

Louis texts Harry and asks him out for lunch after his classes, pretending he never saw the article, pretending yesterday never happened. He's never been one to face his problems head on. Maybe if he's lucky all of his problems will just disappear, if he's lucky the problem between him and Harry will disappear.

He takes the newspapers to the bin by the side of the road and chucks them in. When he gets back inside, there's a new text waiting for him on his phone.

From: Harry

Okay

~*~

School. Harry doesn't like school. He's not sure when he became like this, like one of those mopey high school kids who dread school. Probably since Louis started to matter. He's sure that at his age he isn't supposed to be feeling like this anymore, and he's probably expected to be more mature about it than those angsty teenagers. He's never been one to not like going to school, after so many years the dislike has turned into acceptance.