Chapter Eight

Authors note

This update's took ages cause of various tests and my AWFUL English teacher. But don't worry, this chapters going to make up for it!!

On my way to the kitchen (or at least what I hoped was the way to the kitchen) my phone buzzed. I immediately whipped it out from in my shorts, frightened that Ilse had run into more trouble but was surprised to see another name on the screen.

From: Chris

Message: Heyyy xxxxxxxxxxxx

My heart suddenly became heavy, Chris was the neighbouring packs Alpha and he and I had been texting flirtatiously for quite some time now, despite me knowing that he had done stuff with Ilse. I realised we both had mates out there but what made me really guilty was what I was doing to Ilse. At first I thought it's just some fun, he's just going to be like every other dickhead and skit me for being who I am but no, Chris was different. I felt something for him however I'm still unsure of what it is so refused to admit my feelings to anyone, claiming I didn't even like him or see him that way.

I slipped my phone back into my pocket, unwilling to face another conversation which could ruin my friendship with Ilse, now in a bad mood. I decided to go for a run to clear my mind, "Hey, who's up for a run?" I mind linked my pack who all mentally jumped at the chance. "yeah!"

"I'm so gonna beat your ass Reece"

"I'm only coming cause I get to see Celeste naked." No guesses who that response came from.

"Dude, you crossed the line again."

I chuckled to myself as I made my way outside, undressing and hiding my clothes in a nearby tree trunk. I shifted into my pure white wolf and took off running, not waiting for my boys to catch up.

It felt so amazing to feel the wind in my face, my fur brushing against the branched trees, this is how I felt free. In my human form I had my fathers' expectations to uphold and a daunting future ahead however as my wolf I felt like the rightful leader of my pack as I was most powerful in this form.

This feeling of elation shattered in a second as I felt a great weight being forced onto my body, pushing me to the ground. I looked up to face my attacker, growling at having been pushed to the floor. I was an alpha and nobody should question my authority whether I'm male or female. As my eyes met the wolfs green ones I knew in an instant my fate. Mate.