Chapter One

Authors note
This is just an example of what this novel could be like. Is it worth me continuing? Please comment and tell me!

It was a five o'clock and I was pretty much content. Snuggled up on my futon couch, reading twilight in my onesie was my favourite way to spend a Sunday afternoon.

I loved the twilight books because I think of them as not remotely romantic and instead find them laughable, never being able to stop myself from bursting into fits of giggles. And don't even get me started on how Jacob has to take his shirt off each time he shifts but then magically appears with pants on when he shifts back, it's just a stupid excuse for nudity! (Not like I wasn't grateful for it but Meyer could have thought of a better excuse!)

I was in the middle on laughing at how clueless Bella was when I heard a knock at my door.

"Come in," I commanded with authority.

A young girl , around thirteen, appeared in my doorway and I immediately felt the need to apologise for snapping at her.

"I'm sorry to have disturbed you, Miss Celeste." The frail looking girl was quivering with fear, I think her name was Anna.

"No, it is quite alright Anna. Is somebody in need of me?" I asked curiously. After all I was supposed to be released from my alpha-to-be duties on a Sunday afternoon.

"It is the Alpha, miss. He demands your presence." Anna was now smiling, probably because I remembered her name. Why did my father not use the mind link? I wondered.

Probably afraid that I'd be able to override his power and block him from my mind. (I could do this, but my father doesn't need to know everything now, does he?)

"Does he now? Well this ought to be entertaining, Anna you may leave and please tell my father that I will be there in a second," I informed Anna of my plans .

After she left I unwillingly lifted myself off of my couch because I needed to get changed out of my onesie. I skipped over to my wardrobe where there were numerous girly, frilly dresses which I never wore hanging up.

Behind those dresses were my real clothes and I picked out a black skater dress without any flowers or frills.I walked over to my mirror to brush my hair and put on minimal makeup.

My hair was pure white and short, with bangs but my eyes were greenish -blueish. (they change colour constantly, I think it depends on my mood.)

The makeup I wore was just eyeliner and lip balm, nothing fancy because I didn't want to risk looking like a chav or a hooker.

I dragged on a pair of purple converse with zippers on them, my favourite pair, then strutted towards my fathers office but not before grabbing a sleek leather jacket.

My father better have a good reason for disturbing my Sunday afternoon, especially after me working so hard all week.

I waited outside my Alphas door impatiently and frustrated.

Will he ever trust me to be Alpha? Sometimes I thought that he was giving me this position because he had to not because he thought I would be good at it.

Yes, I had wildly amazing paranormal powers but I also deserved to be alpha right?

I was making history by being the first ever female alpha but would I be a good one worthy of my place in the history books?

Who knows.

"Miss Celeste your father will see you know," Cain told me. Cain was one of my family's guards and very loyal. His mate Cynthia, was my mothers best friend and the best cook in the universe! She is currently our chef and bakes the most beautiful sconces.