Chapter 447 - Qualifications

Father Nie had a mind to give Nie Yan a good scolding for his nonchalant attitude over the phone. An expert of Bayonet's caliber was practically a character on the level of a national treasure. Someone like this couldn't be sought after, only discovered by happenstance. If Nie Yan's negligence led to Bayonet leaving, it would be a huge loss for them.

Father Nie looked at Bayonet in a new light. The skills Bayonet displayed just a moment ago were clearly honed on the battlefield. With someone like that as a bodyguard, he could rest assured that his son would be safe. For peace of mind like that, he was willing to pay any price.

Those in the military always held strength in high regard. With strength one could obtain the respect of others. After confirming that Bayonet hadn't come intending to do harm, a born soldier like Father Nie couldn't help but be impressed by his skill.

「Son, hire him as your bodyguard. It doesn't matter how much he asks for! I'll transfer over ¥300,000,000 to your account right now. If it still isn't enough, ask me for more.」For the sake of recruiting Bayonet, Father Nie was willing to break the bank.

World Bloc raked in a ton of profit every day from their various businesses. But an expert like Bayonet couldn't be found even if you had the money. An opportunity like this couldn't be missed!

Bayonet was absolutely worth the price!

Nie Yan chuckled. He had always intended to give Bayonet the best treatment. Just when he was wondering how he was going to get the money, Father Nie directly transferred over the funds.

By the time the conversation was over, Nie Yan arrived at World Bloc's headquarters. He entered through the main entrance and walked up to Bayonet.

Several girls from the reception desk had already taken care of the six fallen bodyguards, helping them up and taking them away.

"We meet again." Nie Yan smiled at Bayonet.

Bayonet held up his palm with an indifferent expression. "Hold up. Before I become your bodyguard, I have a couple of requests. One, prepare a villa for me in the Cloudwater district. Two, I want a yearly salary of ¥100,000,000. Let's see if you're willing to agree to these terms first."

"Sure, no problem. I can prepare it in two days. If you're still not satisfied, feel free to ask for more," Nie Yan answered with a straightforward smile. With his father footing the bill, he had no need to worry about these matters.

Bayonet never expected Nie Yan to agree to his conditions so quickly. Although pay as a mercenary was pretty good, the associated risks were also high. More importantly, he had those brothers who were injured in combat to think about. It was fortunate they had evacuated in time during the Xie Yao kidnapping incident. Else who knew what sort of danger would've befallen them. He had some concerns in his heart. He had no qualms with throwing his own life away. However, he wouldn't be able to live with himself if his brothers ended up dying because of him. Acting as a bodyguard for Nie Yan was probably the safest choice.

"Alright, it's settled then." Bayonet nodded.

"Here's to a fruitful relationship!" Nie Yan smiled.

Father Nie walked over to Nie Yan. Bayonet returned to his usual stone-faced expression.

"Son, how about having your friend wait in the lounge?" Father Nie said, glancing at Bayonet.

"He's not big on meeting new people," Nie Yan replied in a slightly helpless tone.

Father Nie nodded. It was fairly normal for experts like Bayonet to have such a temperament. He didn't touch on the subject any further. "Come to the conference room in a bit. We're having an important meeting, and I want you to be there." He turned around and headed to the conference room with a different shareholder following behind him.