Chapter 419 - Slaughter!

Descending the mountainside, Nie Yan drew closer and closer to the forces of Bloodlust Blades. He saw their players all over the place, from the plains outside the Cripps Strongholds to the base of the foothills in the far distance. He slowly approached from behind.

Weapons clashing and spells flying everywhere, the fighting at the front was fierce. Meanwhile, the scene at the back resembled an outdoor picnic, with players grouped together in their respective squads sitting on the grass. They were by no means elites, upper middle-tier at best. They were leisurely chatting about the progress of the war while waiting on standby, not the slightest bit wary of an ambush. With the information network of Bloodlust Blades, they would be given ample warning at the first sign of a large enemy force approaching.

Nie Yan surveyed the plains, then headed to the area with the greatest player density.

A group of 20 Bloodlust Blades players were sitting together, conversing with relaxed expressions on their faces.

"Who do you think will win, us or Asskickers United?" a Holy Mage in ashen robes asked. He evidently didn't have much faith in Bloodlust Blades.

"Hard to say. We might have fewer players and be at a disadvantage as the attacking side. But as long as those three Armoured Catapults with their ridiculous 500-meter range aren't destroyed, we stand a pretty good chance of victory. See how Asskickers United keeps turtling inside the Cripps Stronghold? It won't be long before their defenses collapse. I'm not sure exactly how many explosive shells we have stocked up to be bombarding them without reserve like this. But considering we prepared six whole days for this war, I estimate we have enough to last us another three or four more days," a Berserker in a full set of Gold-grade equipment replied. He was the leader of this group, so he knew a bit more.

He had a more optimistic outlook on this war.

The nearby players also felt their hopes rekindled after listening to his view.

Bloodlust Blades winning? Fat chance! Nie Yan sneered. They were completely oblivious to his presence, still happily chattering away as he snuck past them. With their Awareness, they wouldn't sense anything strange unless he was right up to their faces.

Nie Yan quickly made his way toward an area where many Priests were gathered. Priests were important resources during large-scale battles. They would usually be assigned together to form a large healing corps.

Nie Yan counted at least 500 Priests in the vicinity. There were likely similarly-sized Priest teams in other areas as well.

These Priests were also chatting about the siege. They were told that if Bloodlust Blades lost to Asskickers United in this war, the guild would have no choice but to dissolve and they would be absorbed into Alliance of Mages and Divine Protectors. This kind of outcome didn't sit well with them, so they were prepared to go all out.

Nie Yan slowly infiltrated their ranks, keeping at least two meters of distance between him and any of the Priests. He could clearly make out the details of each of their faces. It was very easy to be spotted in a crowded place like this. He activated Disappear, increasing his stealthing capability even further.

Nie Yan suddenly halted his steps when he saw three Priests walking in his direction, getting closer and closer. 5 meters, 4 meters, 3 meters... Unable to prevent the inevitable, he hurriedly contacted Bladelight and the others.「Now! Teleport to my coordinates!」

...

Back at the mountain, Bladelight was observing the battle. The players moving around below looked like ants.

"I wonder how Nirvana Flame is doing. He should be in position by now." Bladelight glanced at the other 29 players behind him. They stood together in the middle of a teleport formation on the ground. Their eyes burned with anticipation. They were itching for battle.