Gossip at the Table {Chapter 12}

As I put my food on the Aphrodite table at lunch after offering some to the gods, someone came up behind me and whispered in my ear, "Silena." I jumped up and faced behind me.

"Clarisse! You almost gave me a heart attack!"

Clarisse smirked, "Hey, I let you put your food down first."

"Good thing you did."

Then, Clarisse pulled me aside by my wrist, which I would mention is the wrist with the spy bracelet. I began to slightly panic, but I didn't show it. Clarisse didn't seem to feel anything on my wrist. At least, I think so. Hopefully. She stopped pulling me and gave me a serious face. Oh no. Does she know? What do I do if she does? Was I that careless?

"So, Silena. You were acting all weird this week and I didn't speak about it at all. I was confused and wanted to see for myself. So, I investigated."

Oh no. That was my only thought.

"Silena! You didn't care to mention to me that you liked Luke? I may not be that good with love, but you are my best friend. I could see that you like him. You go to talk to him a lot. Honestly, the only thing I wouldn't like is if you talked to Luke more than you talked to me. Now, that would be unfair. Or else, yeah you can be with Luke."

Oh, thank the gods. I thought I was dead.

"Sorry I didn't tell you. Didn't think you would care about my lovelife."

"I care about you. You can tell me everything, Silena!"

Well, not everything.

"But, if Luke hurts you, I will run him through with my spear and burn him alive."

"Clarisse!"

"It's true. I would."

"He wouldn't hurt me."

"But if he did, I will skewer him."

"Well you don't have to worry," I said.

She opened her mouth to talk, but I put my finger up and motioned for her to go sit down. She looked like she wanted to protest but I walked back to my table before she could say anything.

"What was that about?" Lacy asked me.

"She was just wanting to... talk," I answered.

"I know Clarisse is your best friend, but she is scary, you know. She looked real serious and I don't want you to be hurt," Lacy cautiously told me.

"She's not as scary as you think she is."

"Tell that to the newcomers. I bet they'll agree with you," Drew Tanaka, a sister of mine, said sarcastically.

"Clarisse didn't do anything to me," Jade countered.

"That's because Silena stopped her before she was going to," Drew reminded her.

"True," Jade agreed.

"The Ares kids do need some fashion advice though," Mitchell, my brother, sounded his thoughts.

A chorus of 'yes's and 'yeah's came from my siblings.

"You know, the youngest one there has a unique style," Valentina, another one of my sisters, pointed out.

"Gemma? The one with the red ends in her hair?" Jade asked.

"Yeah. Not many people here dye their hair that red. I didn't think an Ares kid would do so," Valentina replied.

"Yeah, and the black pants? Why does she use that? She looks so depressing," Lacy added.

"Heard she kept knives on her arm," Drew whispered.