Stars Aligned

"Hey." He muttered casually. I smiled at him, fighting the urge to run over and attack him with a hug.

"I accidently said your name in front of Greg." I said quickly. His smile sort of disappeared, looking at me with worry.

"And what did he do?" he asked nervously.

"Oh, he just asked me who that was and I said I've never met anyone named Sherlock.  He bought it." I shrugged.

"You need to be more careful, I can't risk anyone knowing about me okay?" he asked.

"Of course, I know, people can be cruel." I agreed.

"No John, they are worse than cruel, that's why you're the only one I trust to know about me." he pointed out.

"What if someone picked the book up and they weren't like me though? Wonder if it was Harry?" I pointed out.

"Then thank the lord fate is around to bring us together." Sherlock shrugged. There was something, something about tonight, the way his porcelain skin shone in the moonlight; it was pretty much driving me insane.

"Definitely thank the lord." I agreed.

"You look troubled, is everything okay?" he asked, his voice a little bit worried.

"Oh, no, everything's fine, ya." I assured. Why must there be a single strand of curl bobbing onto his forehead?

"Doesn't look fine." Sherlock decided.

"Well I guess it's just nerves, I don't want anyone to find out about you. We're each other's little secret, and I don't want anyone else to know you exist." I decided which was definitely true.

"Don't worry Mr. Watson; even if someone does find out, nothing will change. And if they try to keep us apart I have ways that we still can be together." Sherlock assured. I smiled thankfully at him, feeling drawn to him for some reason. I wanted to be standing next to him, smelling that sweet scent, being held to his warm chest where nothing could hurt me... what the heck John. No. I think my brain was going haywire, because the man standing in front of me was just that, a man. And I should not want to be standing close to him; I shouldn't be examining his face and pretty much kicking myself over how gorgeous he was. Sherlock half smiled, the corner of his lip rising up and making me avert my eyes to the window outside. I was not attracted to him, I wasn't gay, nope, nope, nope, so what the heck is going on. Mary was my one and only, no matter what I had told Greg before, but it was true, my heart didn't get that strange rush it used to when I so much as thought of her.

"It's dark out." I said stupidly, hating this sort of silence between us and trying to get my mind off of him and onto something else.

"Usually what happens when the sun goes down, it's what people call night, happens every day." Sherlock pointed out.

"Ya, I knew that, don't have to be all sarcastic." I defended. A full moon was shining outside over the lake and the trees. "If it's a full moon are the werewolves going to come out?" I asked.

"Usually they stay in the trees." Sherlock shrugged. My stomach twisted a little bit at the thought of werewolves wandering around outside.

"So when it's not a full moon you have hoboes wandering about in the woods?" I asked.

"Pretty much. Some of them have actual lives, but some live under the rocks and stuff, it's quite creepy." Sherlock sighed.

"Ya, I'd think it is." I agreed, looking back at him.

"So, any plans then? Or do you just want to have awkward conversation?" Sherlock asked with a sort of laugh.

"I don't know, I just came over here because it beats being alone in my room all night." I shrugged.