Chapter Eleven

(The Mongol Empire's design is confusing. She pretty much has a flame instead of a head. If that's too confusing, here's a picture)

 If that's too confusing, here's a picture)

A week later

The Mongol Empire watched from afar, unseen by anyone. An attack was happening today. And someone was going to die. He was going to make sure of it.

Her power was a curse. They had to send people to their deaths in order to live. If he didn't, their flame would be snuffed out, and she would cease to exist.

His presence was bad luck. She did their best to be at every battle, hoping someone would die so he could take them to the afterlife, and live a little longer.

And nobody had died in a while.

The Swedish Empire gripped the handle of his sword in its sheath, nervously wondering if he should take it out. The Spanish, French and British Empires hadn't taken out theirs, but they were more powerful, and didn't need to.

Plus, sword to sword combat with the Austrian Empire was not a good idea.

SWE (Swedish Empire) hoped that he wouldn't get much action in the battle. Don't get him wrong, he loves fighting. Just not with extremely dangerous countries.

He made his way to the side of the building and climbed on to the roof alongside America and the Ottoman Empire. "You guys ready for this?" SWE asked them.

"Heck yeah!" The USA cried.

OE instead put a finger to his lips, miming to be quiet. SWE nodded back. They were supposed to wait for a cue from the other Empires to attack, and not let themselves be discovered beforehand.

Sweden peered into the skylight on the roof. He spotted AE sitting on a golden throne, reading a book. That was surprisingly normal for who SWE considered a monster.

A knock on the door notified AE, who got up and walked towards it. This is it... SWE thought.

"Hey Austria!" Sweden heard the Russian Empire say. He couldn't hear AE's reply though. Probably because he couldn't talk.

"Attack!" SE suddenly screamed.

SWE and OE crashed through the window, America following close behind. Then, USA raised his hands and slowed their fall with his telekinesis.

"Thanks!" SWE said breathlessly as he touched down to the ground, taking out his sword out of habit. But AE was nowhere in sight. "Wait, where'd he go?!"

"It's the Portuguese Empire! He and REC probably escaped and told AE everything!" FE cried. Sweden didn't miss the edge of fear in her voice. He felt the same way.

An invisible gold touching countryhuman was not good.

But then, SWE couldn't see any of his allies.

"Hello?" He called out to the seemingly empty room.

"Sweden, is that you? I can't see anyone." A voice whispered to his side. That was OE's voice.

"Yeah." SWE found OE's hand and held it so that they wouldn't get separated.

"They made us invisible too! Be careful not to hit an ally!" BE's voice yelled.

SWE bumped into someone behind him. He was about to ask if they were an ally, when he felt a sting of pain as a sword sliced his arm. He yelped and turned around, swinging his sword towards his invisible attacker.

"Someone just stabbed me!" He cried. Sounds of swords clashing indicated that the others had gotten into battles as well.

Fire swirled behind one of the pillars, and a cry of pain sounded across the room. The invisibility seemed to flicker for a second, and Sweden could see everyone. PE was fighting France, REC and OE were near him, AE was hiding behind one of the pillars, and everyone else had their swords out, confusion on their faces. But then PE must have gotten control back, for the room became 'empty' once more.

"He's behind that pillar!" The Dutch Empire shouted, likely referring to the Austrian Empire.

SWE rushed over, hearing footsteps indicating that others were doing the same. But as he was raising his sword to see if he could stab AE, he felt something sharp in his back.

Something like a sword.

He felt it go all the way through his body.

Yet he didn't feel any pain.

The Swedish Empire was pretty sure he had screamed, for several shocked faces appeared. Portugal must have lost concentration. That was good.

He fumbled his sword, trying to get back into the battle. If he didn't feel any pain, he must be alright. But his legs weren't working correctly, and he stumbled sideways, falling to the floor.

"Sweden!" The Ottoman Empire cried, rushing over.

"I'm fine." He mumbled, trying to believe it.

"We need to get you out of here!" OE said, but SWE wasn't listening. He was instead focused on the blue shape standing behind OE, whom he'd only heard about in legends. The Mongol Empire, Ruler of the Dead.

"Am I going to die, Ottoman?" SWE asked shakily, grasping his friend's hand.

"No, no, you'll be alright!"

"Tell me the truth." Sweden's eyes switched between looking at the Mongol and Ottoman Empires. "How bad does it look?"

OE didn't answer.

Sweden became aware of other things instead. Like the rising pain in his chest. Or the way his breath was starting to rattle. The way ME (Mongol Empire) seemed to stare down at him sadly, as if they didn't want to take him.

"I don't want to die." The Swedish Empire weeped, directing the words to both of the figures standing above him.

He didn't hear his friend's reply, if there was any. Everything had become the same blue colour as ME's flame. There was no more pain here. Physically, at least. But SWE wanted to go back. He looked towards the Mongol Empire.

"Let me go. I can't stay here." He pleaded. "I need to go back to them!"

Sweden looked down when ME didn't answer. Underneath him, was himself. But that version of him was motionless in the Ottoman Empire's arms. He decided he needed to try something. Before he was too far gone.

He spun away from the Ruler of the Dead and leaped back into his body.

(999 Words) 

HAHA CLIFFHANGER!!!