sixteen

When I walked into Colby's house, it was quiet. I could hear someone in the kitchen so I went to check.

When I walked over there, it was Sam getting a drink from the fridge. He looked surprised when he saw me.

"Hey, Ashton. I didn't know you were coming." He smiled a little towards me. I nodded while sticking my hands in my pocket.

"Is Colby here? I was wanting to talk to him." I tell him. I was nervous to talk to him but I know I needed to.

"He's up in his room editing." He informs me. I thank him as I head towards his room.

His door was closed so when I reached it, I knocked on it. I heard a muffled 'come in' so I opened the door.

He turned over, a slight smile when he saw it was me. I could tell he thought it was Sam knowing he looked surprised.

"Hi." I simply said when I closed the door. He took his headphones off and turned to me.

"Hey. I wasn't expecting you." He stood up and walked over towards me.

My heart was beating fast in my chest. "I just wanted to apologize for last night." He softened up towards me.

"Did I do something yesterday to make you upset?" He had sadness and worry all over his voice.

I swallowed deeply before speaking. "No, I just saw you get that girls number so I figured you wanted time with her." I started to ramble.

He stops me so I look up into his blue eyes. "Are you talking about the fan that wanted me to follow her on Twitter?"

I instantly felt embarrassed. I can tell he's being truthful with the look on his face.

He started smirking towards me while thinking. "Wait, are you jealous that I talked to another girl?" I purse my lips towards him.

I didn't want him to know I was jealous so I shook my head towards him.

"Nope." I lie towards him. He started laughing towards me like he knows I'm lying.

"Oh come on, Ashton. You were jealous and must I admit, jealousy looks good on you." He flirted.

I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arms. "Fuck off." He laughs as he ruffles through my hair.

He tells me how he's almost done editing and we can hang out afterwards.

I go over and sit on his couch. I start scrolling through my phone while he puts his headphones back on.

I hang out in his room as he edited their video. I looked up from my phone really quick so I can look at him.

His side profile did look really good. It's like his hair was perfectly styled.

He had his glasses on and it honestly made him look even more attractive.

I could see him smile as he glanced at me. "A picture will last longer." I switched to my camera and took a picture of him.

I made sure the click was on so he knew I took a picture of him.

I could see him roll his eyes while smiling. "I hate you." He mumbled. I shook my head knowing he didn't.

I'm surprised that he forgave me for ghosting him last night. I'm happy that he did though.

Everything is super normal with him. "You don't hate me." I smile to myself.

I go back to scrolling on my phone while he edited. He edited for another hour and I could see him stretch.