Fallen City

The ride was bumpy and left Jojo scooting awkwardly on Jessy's back. Riding without a saddle left little to hold on to except for her mane. Jojo threaded the now purple locks between her fingers and tried not to yank to hard. She seemed alright. For an always changing color talking horse.

Katy petted at her neck and giggled her high tinkling laugh as Jessy nuzzled at her shoulder. Jojo smiled. Her new friends were so different, yet interesting. Lisa and Annie walked ahead, one bouncy and the other regal. Annie suddenly put a paw up, signaling the ones behind to stop. Jojo stretched her neck, trying to see what was going on.

"Holy cow. What happened here?"

The road ended abruptly, seeming to be torn right from the earth. Here and there were scattered pink ruins, still smoking and leaving gentle whisps reaching towards the sky. Annie growled low in her throat as the rest looked on in sadness.

What was going on with everybody? Lisa looked sadly back. Katy sighed as she scratched Jessy under the chin and tried to explain to a confused Jojo.

"The ruins of our first city, Pinkopolis. We've rebuilt though. Right Annie?"

Annie nodded regally while Lisa bowed her head in silence. Whatever had happened here had brought much pain. Katy's face suddenly became fierce.

"We have rebuilt though. We are strong. You should see our new city, Jojo. We'll show you around when we get there, before you go."

Everyone, even Annie looked sad at that. Jojo felt a twinge in her heart as well. Her new friends were so wonderful. She patted at Jessy's neck sadly, but became confused when the mischievous horse suddenly became rigid beneath her.

"Jessy, what's wrong?"

Jessy nickered and spun, looking off to the left of the city. Katy put a hand up to shade her eyes to look in the direction Jessy seemed so alarmed about. Lisa and Annie were by their sides in an instant, now alert to whatever had spooked Jessy. Jessy snorted and turned to Annie, giving her a meaningful glance.

"Fallon."

Annie relaxed her shoulders a bit, but not much.

"What's she up to this time?"

Jessy sniffed at the air. Jojo wondered if all horses could scent things like that, or if this was another crazy it-only-works-in-Oz thing. Jessy stamped her hoof.

"Zombies. Everybody get on, this is going to be a bumpy ride."

To be continued.................